the Rift

[PRIVATE] dark necessities are part of my design

Nero Posts: 14
Outcast
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3HH :: 8
Daisy

Nero thought it was interesting that she was not as easily intimidated as he thought she would be, or rather, not as easily intimidated as he would have been in her shoes. If he was fifteen hands and slight, even a blade of grass would frighten him. In fact, if he was her size, he wondered if he'd even have survived at all. He might be but not in the kind of existence that was pleasant, he guessed, a trodden down and bruised horse on the lowest totem pole in his old herd. He would never have had the self confidence to leave alive. Even when he had left (or been cast out, but it mattered not), for weeks he'd struggled with injuries that almost led him to lay down and give up. It was only stubbornness that kept him hanging on.

When the mare spoke, his gaze focused from the glazed look that was apparent in the distracted. He spent most of his time in his head, rolling ideas and thoughts about, self analyzing himself to the core. It was a great way to keep preoccupied and avoid thinking about the fact he had no real purpose or goal. Not that he really needed one- no one's existence was really important, no matter what they achieved. Serenity's upbeat voice bordered on mocking, and his muzzle wrinkled slightly, annoyance buzzing in his mind. When he replayed what she said, however, he recognized it as joking and relaxed slightly. His lip twitched as if to echo her smile but he thought better of it. "That's not exactly my goal." There was a pinch of amusement in his tone, but his ears never shifted forwards.

After years of experiencing nothing but anger, fear, betrayal, in the company of others, Nero was confused by how little these emotions seemed to be surfacing of late in Helovia. Apart from in the Threshold, where he did not at all enjoy the company of a few, such worrisome encounters had been lacking. It was... Confusing. It had been so long since he'd felt anything close to enjoyment and yet this was the second time where he felt amused by someone other then himself in a few weeks. "One can do whatever they please, but not all strangers are friendly." His tone was fairly neutral, and for some reason he hoped that didn't sound too threatening... Just like how he had tiptoed around the filly in the Threshold. He tried a smile, but upon finding it stiff, let it drop.

The mare started to walk towards him. Confused, he took a few steps back, letting out a little huff of air. He couldn't help but allow his ears to flick forwards as he stopped, letting her approach. Even so, all his weight was in his hind legs, stiff and ready to attack or flee if she did something to worry him. It seemed she wanted to greet him in a way he had never himself been greeted, just seen from afar. It was a friendly gesture. He narrowed his eyes suspiciously. Why did she want his company? Tentatively he stretched his much larger nose towards her, bumping it cautiously against hers, snorting slightly and rushing back to a safer distance. How odd.

notes; @Serenity Oh awesome! I love Firefly. Apologies for the weird horse.

Messages In This Thread
dark necessities are part of my design - by Nero - 01-01-2017, 02:18 PM
RE: dark necessities are part of my design - by Nero - 01-08-2017, 02:02 PM