the Rift

[OPEN] Old teenage hopes are alive at your door [CLEARING]

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
Isopia
barefoot on a summer's night

@Volterra

Isopia's gaze remained fixed firmly on Kisamoa as he spoke. Even as Volterra moved to stand beside her, she hardly gave any indication at all that she had noticed his arrival. Her posture however, was not cold. She did not appear to making an effort to ignore him, the way you do when you're giving someone the cold shoulder. That only works if they know they are being ignored, and so you've got to make a bit of a display of it. Rather than looking at him, huffing, and turning decidedly away, Isopia simply stood where she was, shuffling slightly to make room for the monochromatic giant, but remaining fairly unbothered by his presence.

Silently, Hubris was going mad with stress and worry.

Do you trust him? Isopia offered a sidelong glance towards Volterra, as if to confirm that he was in fact speaking to her. Exhaling, Isopia let the question roll around in her mind for a moment before answering. All the while, Hubris was scooting back farther and farther onto her back, to try and align himself with the red dragon.

"Whether or not I trust him will not dictate whether or not I go along with this." She replied after a moment; her voice thoughtful and academic as always. "Trusting him doesn't factor in. Yet." She added almost as an afterthought.

Because Isopia could now sort-of understand dragon, Hubris couldn't just speak to Vérzés, as there was a chance Isopia might pick up on some of the words. Instead, the bronze gave his head a decisive shake, to indicate that something was wrong. Nodding his head, he jumped from Isopia's back, gliding higher into the air and away from the gathering. >>Bored. Going for food.<< He whispered into her mind, hoping Vérzés would take his subtle hint and follow.

Having finished his speech, Isopia was about to depart when Volterra's words stayed her. And, ahh...how are you? For a moment something inside of her twinged, and she shifted somewhat uncomfortably, before settling. The feeling passed, though a look of uncomfortable surprise settled slightly on her features, before she erased it. "Fine..." She replied sounding almost uneasy, wondering why this stallion was asking about how she was. Had he heard of her recent challenge with Tembovu? Her fight with Alysanne? That she had been promoted to Czarina?

But she didn't know him, so why would he care those things of her?

(Meanwhile, assuming Vérzés comes with Hubris..)

The bronze could barely contain himself. There was so much to say, but hardly any time to say it. Isopia would be skeptical of him already, for he always hunted at night, and surely she would think something was off if he stayed with the red too long.  Quickly however, he tried to convey as much as he could in the short time they had. >>After fight she go to Ophelia. Ophelia take her memories. She not remember baby, not remember Volterra. All of it gone. I still remember.<< With an apologetic frown, Hubris dropped from the sky back towards Isopia.

>>No hunt here. Why not ask red-eye to come and help with task? He big. Could be helpful<< Isopia frowned at the dragon's sudden reappearance. I'm big too. I don't need help. .>>Two make work faster.<< Isopia nodded at that, he did have a point.

"If you are planning on assisting with these tasks, would you like to come help me clear some branches? Hubris thinks that together we could get this work done faster." She added, motioning towards the bronze dragon who waved awkwardly from her back, as if introducing himself for the first time. He offered Volterra a sheepishly smile, praying that Vérzés had somehow communicated the information to him, and that he wasn't about to freak out.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Old teenage hopes are alive at your door [CLEARING] - by Isopia - 01-01-2017, 09:16 PM