the Rift

[OPEN] Farewell no.2

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
G L A S G O W

The scarred mare offered a small laugh to his comment. She felt the same, when it came to visiting other places. That was probably part of the reason why she rarely left the Edge. Though after a few times of wandering, she managed to find her way back there, but everywhere else still remained a mystery to her. She nodded in agreement, as if to say “me too” before he continued on speaking. As he said he was impressed by her being a Glazier at one point, she felt a genuine smile bloom on her lips, her ease growing larger as she began to relax in Cassius’ company. Though when the stallion asked her why she chose the Basin, she paused to think of what to say.

After a few moments, she looked up to him briefly with a shy smile. “The Edge just wasn’t for me, anymore. It had grown so large and full of so many families and children running around. And with a face like mine I try to stay away from the small ones.” She noted, glancing away from him with her glassy gaze, focusing on the entrance to the Heavenly Fields ahead. “But when I was at the Basin, I met Deimos and Lena, and they were very kind. It seems like a place I could fit into, you know?” She tilted her head slightly, still away from looking at him as they continued to walk.

Then, as she asked him if she had interrupted anything, he turned to her and answered. This kind of information, she could definitely offer. “Oh! Yes, of course.” Glasgow wasn’t sure where to start – to start from her beginnings or her adventures out in the land? Her encounters with the Gods and their tasks set upon them? There was so much to talk about, and yet she was born to do it. She was born as a diplomat – to go and share the word of their gods and goddesses and allow those that pledged themselves to join their cause. “It’s hard to figure out where to start, but when I first came to Helovia I was greeted by a woman named Ophelia and a man named Thranduil. Thranduil was from the Basin at that time, Ophelia in turn was from the Edge. And so I accompanied her to the Edge, though when I got there, there was a large glass wall that had been placed for protection from something. Before I arrived in Helovia it had been destroyed, and for many seasons I spent time cleaning up the borders of the glass. It was the King of the Edge’s – Tembovu the Elephant King if you don’t know him – main priority to protect the borders, and so he called upon our Goddess. The Edge is watched over by the Goddess of the Moon – though there are four gods in Helovia. I’m unsure entirely of which pertain to which herd, but the Goddess seems quite strict and to the point.” She paused, gathering some air and allowing the words to make their mark.

Her gaze danced to Cassius, happy to be speaking of something other than her scars or ambitions. “There’s now giant spikes that line the border, and a giant metal gate at the entrance.” She shrugged her pale shoulders briefly. “And then Kaos came, most recently. Disguised as a creature named Kisamoa, supposedly sent by the Gods to clean up the Marshes. After all the work everyone had done, he revealed who he truly was.” A small shiver ran down her spine at the memory. “Though, he is powerful. He gifted me magic, before we found out he was Kaos. It… was almost like a bad memory.” She tried to laugh it off, but it did boil beneath her skin. Shaking her head briefly, she glanced back over to Cassius. “Is there anything you have a question on more pinpointed? My mind is a bit all over the place for trying to think of what’s interesting or not to you.” Another half laugh escaped.

"Talk."

what a strange illusion it is,
to suppose that beauty is goodness

image credits

@Cassius <3

Messages In This Thread
Farewell no.2 - by Cassius - 01-02-2017, 03:44 AM
RE: Farewell no.2 - by Glasgow - 01-20-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: Farewell no.2 - by Cassius - 01-26-2017, 11:49 PM
RE: Farewell no.2 - by Glasgow - 02-01-2017, 11:22 PM
RE: Farewell no.2 - by Cassius - 02-12-2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Farewell no.2 - by Glasgow - 02-12-2017, 10:26 PM