the Rift

[OPEN] Farewell no.2

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
G L A S G O W

Glasgow nodded to Cassius as he remarked on the subject of her leaving the Edge, though she remained silent, unwilling to delve deeper into the true meaning of why she left – of how she slept with a man that had a family, and how she couldn’t remain there knowing what had occurred when their faces seemed to be around every corner. So she felt her lips form back into that comfortable line of carrying no expression as she nodded once more to his comment on Deimos and Lena. Perhaps it was better he didn’t mention the passing of Deimos. Knowing Glasgow, she’d probably try to blame herself for the events that transpired beyond her control. She was simply too used to death following her wherever she went, to ever truly feel normal again.

As she spoke her tales, her gaze danced toward the grey stag as he offered her more information. A smile placed itself against her lips once again and she nodded happily. “That’s good to know, thank you.” She noted, making a reminder to herself of which gods reigned where. “I haven’t really met any of them, to be honest. I’ve mostly just watched, never talked. Though I did create glass with the gift from the Goddess, so perhaps that’s one way of communicating.” She added in with humor sparkling in her glazed eyes.

Though when Kaos became the subject, she could feel the air shifting. She, too, was uncomfortable with the god, but in her state of age and uselessness, she wasn’t sure what kind of things she could do about it. She’d do her best to supply others with the things they needed instead of trying to fight a god again. She’d learned her lesson many years ago. And when Cassius turned to her and began to speak, she listened, almost missing the fact they’d begun stepping past the gates that marked the Heavenly Fields. Then, he mentions the Rift Gods, and an idea began to sprout in her head. Could it be that he was a part of all of that all along? She nodded slightly, uncertainty lacing its way in her bones with this new information. “I wasn’t ever really a part of the Rift, though word spread about them quickly. Terrible gods ruling diseased lands, careless in their own people. The four gods created a rift to allow the riftians to pass through, though none came without trouble. With each land that appeared, a god accompanied it. Helovia fought them off, though not without consequences. Many were plagued with illnesses from the events, though as far as I know they were able to be healed.” Half of her words were merely thought aloud, seeing as Glasgow hadn’t spent too much time actively thinking of such dark events. She’d known the difficulties with Gods and the terror they could reign down upon those that disagreed with them – and that’s why she refused to be a part of the events until after they’d calmed down, when she’d appear to offer them a home in the Edge.

"Talk."

what a strange illusion it is,
to suppose that beauty is goodness

image credits

@Cassius <3

Messages In This Thread
Farewell no.2 - by Cassius - 01-02-2017, 03:44 AM
RE: Farewell no.2 - by Glasgow - 01-20-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: Farewell no.2 - by Cassius - 01-26-2017, 11:49 PM
RE: Farewell no.2 - by Glasgow - 02-01-2017, 11:22 PM
RE: Farewell no.2 - by Cassius - 02-12-2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Farewell no.2 - by Glasgow - 02-12-2017, 10:26 PM