the Rift

[PRIVATE] Family Matters

Bartholomeo Posts: 46
World's Edge Protector atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7.0
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16'2hh :: 7 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Snow

Tilney's words cause the stallion to chuckle. His idol, indeed! His brother knows him far too well. He grins at his sister's words too, a good-natured laugh booming from his chest. Ah, yes, his siblings all know what a thrall the sea holds Bartholomeo in. He adores it, worships it, and a creature who looks like he embodies it is, indeed, the stag's hero!

He allows his attention to wander. There's Byron, his namesake and Tilney's bastard son, and the pirate begins to amble over to the lad. He adores children, of course, and his little nephew is already a favourite! Before he can reach the colt, somebody else approaches him - a young filly, antlered and with a distinctive tree marking winding up her leg. Ah. The stallion pauses as the realisation hits him; Aelfwine had mentioned a daughter, a child with Tilney's wife Arah. This must be her, and a little darling of a girl she is too! Bartholomeo had always hoped that his next child would be a filly, a little daughter for him to dote on and protect and for Jack to idolise. Alas, nature and fate had decided it wasn't to be, but that doesn't mean he can't play out the role with his niece instead.

Oblivious to the fact he's disturbing the foals' first meeting with each other - a potentially life-changing moment - the stag rocks on over to them, his stride jaunty and a wide, jovial smile resting easily upon his jaws. "Byron! It's good to see you again." He beams at the strapping young colt, trying desperately to force images of Jack out of his mind - the boys do look so similar. He turns to Maude, then. "And you must be Maude. Your aunt Aelfwine has told me all about you." He flashes the filly a wink. His sister had been right - she is the most gorgeous thing, with her radiant hues and flowing mane and tail. Tilney will have many a grey hair about this little one, he's sure.

"My name's Bartholomeo, and I'm your father's brother. The fun and dashing brother, naturally." He grins widely and wiggles his eyebrows. "Say, do you two want to help me search for some bones to deliver to Kisamoa?" He glances over at Tilney - he's sure his brother won't mind, as the pirate is a more than suitable guardian for the children. Nothing will happen to them under his watchful eye - no force on earth will ever stop him protecting a child, not this time.

B A R T H O L O M E O
image credits

@Byron

Messages In This Thread
Family Matters - by Byron - 01-02-2017, 01:13 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-02-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Bartholomeo - 01-02-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Byron - 01-02-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-05-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Bartholomeo - 01-05-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Byron - 01-09-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-09-2017, 01:24 PM