the Rift

[PRIVATE] Family Matters

Byron Posts: 14
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: Three Seasons [Frostfall]
Nova
[Image: byron___bronzehalo_by_arahvir_dan956x_co...an96l3.png]

He hadn't meant to upset her, when the dainty filly looked to her hooves, his ears fell backward and his splashed face worried for her. Maybe he'd done something to upset her without knowing? Had she been one of the bodies he'd wiggled and pushed through to get to the front to see the Sea Creature? His mind tried to recall, but he'd never been particularly good at recalling things he'd simply done to get somewhere.

Finally, she looked up at him and he's confused and alarmed at the embarassment which marked her daint features. Byron had never been good with seeing anyone upset, afterall he'd spent countless nights sat up where he'd hummed to his twin brother, jaunty made up tunes that made him smile and soothed his tender and frayed heart. Apparently, that same desire now extended to the pretty filly who stood next to him. "C'mon, Maude. You don't have to look all sad! It's okay! You don't have to apologize. I'm sorry if I did anything wrong." He chirped, his dulcet notes laced with his feeble attempt to cheer her up.

"It's nice to meet you t—"
He's interrupted by the familiar voice of their his Uncle, and the colt if he could of, lit up like a christmas tree. "Uncle Barty!" Byron called out, cloven hooves gave a half-hearted step from one to the other. "Have you found your treasure yet?" It's the only question that managed to come out of his maw before Bartholomeo's next words nearly floored the youngster, instead his body settled on letting his jaw drop instead.

"And you must be Maude. Your aunt Aelfwine has told me all about you."
"My name's Bartholomeo, and I'm your father's brother."

"Maude's my sister?!" The pitch which the words had fallen out of his mouth are patchy and uncharacteristically high, mottled and splashed with disbelief. Eyes snapped to and fro between the larger stag and the pale filly whose now revealed to be his sister, furiously they blinked back the wetness which threatened to envelop them. "I have a sister?" It's uttered like a whisper as his ears half-drooped and pressed forward.

The information is...well. It's something? He didn't know he had a sister. He guessed it was just him and Jude, Ma had never mentioned their father having another child. He also guessed she'd never stuck around with him to find out and he'd never turned up on the edge's of the Dragon's Throat to see them in the days they'd been born. A nervous glance is passed toward his imposing mother, cautiously to see if she'd noticed that her eldest son is suddenly not like himself. Oh boy, if she'd noticed...but she seemed distracted, her attention drawn into a conversation with his other sister perched on her antler.

"I...I guess I can help!" He said slowly, a mental kick aimed to kickstart himself back into his usual cheer. Gentle tendrils grasped and patted through his mind to try find a beacon of light. Once it found it, they wrapped tight and he found himself able to smile again. "And...I can get to know Maude too right, while we do it? Jude is going to be so excited to hear we have a sister!"

♥︎

@Maude @Bartholomeo
[Image: byron_by_ehrendi_daod2ik_by_arahvir-daoxhe4.png]

please only tag Byron in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
Family Matters - by Byron - 01-02-2017, 01:13 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-02-2017, 01:53 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Bartholomeo - 01-02-2017, 04:40 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Byron - 01-02-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Maude - 01-05-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Bartholomeo - 01-05-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: Family Matters - by Byron - 01-09-2017, 12:25 PM