the Rift

[OPEN] i never said i'd stay to the end [LEAVING]

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
into the sea, you and me
all these years, and no one heard
i love you, let's go

No effort has been wasted in the time leading up to this night, one, just like one that occurred nearly five years ago, that changes the flow of events in her life, of those around her, of those that are to come thanks to her actions.
A pair of keys, the symbol of her citizenship in the Dragon’s Throat, have been abandoned in the branches of the Dragon’s Blood tree, hanging on the low lying limbs like ornaments. The koi that had resided on the silver chain with them for so long that they might as well be part of one finds itself holding the mass of her loosely braided tail together, wrapped and coiled up in ropes of dark brown silk.
Its cousins hover around her in the pale moonlight, glowing a shade of deep blue, twisting as they swim in non-existent water.
She must look like a ghost pulled from the sea. The smell of salt burns her nostrils it bleeds so heavily from her, the red tinge of her coat now seemingly forever lost in the echos of her memories, her body now a pale constrast in the dark in the presence of all the soft glows around her: her horn, the moon, full bellied and ignorant to the parting occurring below it, the bright starlight, amplified in their vastness, and her fish, letting out sharp gasps of sparks as their electric bodies breathe.
Hobgoblin waits for in the water, having patrolled at the grace of her worries about predators, of anyone checking the borders, anything that could slow their living. He could care less if their leave and absence is notice because for the first time in his life, he's tired. The weight of this is too much, and after spending weeks tucked away in the north where Sikeax has been hiding or slipping through the desert like snakes and spirits when something drags them back into the Throat, there is nothing left to take.
He cannot even bring himself to imagine placing any portion of his body back on the island now. There is no need for it, and sometime within the near future, the beast will come to the conclusion that such a place is forgotten. He won't relieve himself of the memories because they are strong and they are all that he has to this place now, but as of the location, the fact that others live there, he will give that up without resistance.
"Now.
Nothing is holding her back. The ocean buries her pasterns inside of its body, welcoming her, waiting for her arrival so that it can take her away, somewhere away from her.
Sorrow runs out of her in a long sigh, heart wrenching in her chest, aches crushing frail rib bones.
Entering the water always hurts the most. Water overtakes her as she closes her eyes, succumbing to fear of the future, of the night, of whatever lays ahead, but at least now she is free, like she was always meant to be.

OOC: official leaving thread for sikeax. feel free to watch her go into the water or see her standing, but she's not gonna turn around for any conversations.
i'll post a thread for when she reaches the other side if someone might like to catch her there.
if you've got a thread going on with me in the DT, your reply is coming! i have them half-written and just need finishing.

Hobgoblin is in his leopard seal form and in the water, unnoticeable from the shore or from above.

lunarblues!

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Messages In This Thread
i never said i'd stay to the end [LEAVING] - by Sikeax - 01-02-2017, 01:15 PM