the Rift

[OPEN] i never said i'd stay to the end [LEAVING]

Tae Posts: 133
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 2 HP: 72.5 |
Mal :: Timber Wolf :: Terrorize & Hel :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire Odd

Tae watched Sikeax go with wide, unsympathetic eyes.

There was a snarl on her face that seemed as though it couldn't decide if it should become a smirk, or fall into a frown. Her lips continued to twitch as a multitude of thoughts rumbled around in her mind. She was tempted to call the mare a coward, a weakling for deserting those she had called her family. And why? Because they had called her out on her bullshit?

Tae cocked a hip, Mal and Hel at her side.

The Sun God himself had risen her to glory and what had she done? Promoting Volterra to the rank of gladiator, while strange given his newness to the Throat, was a strategically wise move. Tae could see that now. But then Sikeax had just gone away. She'd taken the crown and hid. Had something happened in her life that called her attention away? Gaucho had left, Ampere too, as had Sohalia. But the Dragon's Throat had not let that go unpunished. Hadn't she heard stories of dissent when her Father made the Throat into an island? Was he not criticized upon his return even though he had been forcibly removed from his home? Hadn't Ampere? And Sohalia?

They all had to answer for their sins. Sikeax was no different.

The only real difference, was that the former healer hadn't been able to handle it.

Tae's pale eyes watched as the mare sunk into the water, and she wondered what the point of such a frigid and exhausting swim was. Why not use the bridge one more time? Why this self flagellation? What was the point of it all?

With a snort, the mandible-marked mare turned away from the cliff face. Away from Sikeax's departing form, and back into the bloody sands.

tae
this was your heart, this swarm of flies
This was once your mouth - this bowl of lies
Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: i never said i'd stay to the end [LEAVING] - by Tae - 01-02-2017, 01:38 PM