the Rift

[OPEN] Don't let me down [swp clearing/bone collecting]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
AMPERE
the Mother of Companions

As Kisamoa dispensed his needs and horses began to disperse, Ampere drifted along with them, lost in thought and aimless with purpose. She had little desire in actually helping the 'god', but not for any lack of trust or intentional rebellion. Ampere had a whole host of worries to spend her energy on; grief was her main expenditure and demanded her focus, leaving the rest to wither. The soul-shaking loss of Gaucho had gradually subsided into a mundane ache, like arthritis that settled into old bones, but that only seemed to make it worse for her. She didn't want his absence to just be normal, because that was one more step towards forgetting him, of losing what little scraps remained of him. It wouldn't be long until she forgot his touch, misplaced his scent, misremembered his voice and let the edges of his appearance fade. With every season his memory would fade into something more distant, left with nothing more than a mindless golem wandering the sands and his countless children that shared part of him, but only part.

Yet there was nothing to do be done, because such is life - such is death.

The injustice of it rattled her like so many other battles she wishes to fight but had no enemy to face. Helplessly she screamed at the beach she had inadvertently wandered to, and her roar was as meaningless to the sea as everything else that stood in its way. Even the shore, eventually, was going to erode under the hungry waves. Furiously Ampere splashed into the tide, her hooves stomping and kicking at the waves, while around her sparks danced to life. They jumbled together as an electric lion, leaping from rubble to driftwood, the energy snarling the decay of the beach into pieces as Ampere similarly broke apart.
Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
Don't let me down [swp clearing/bone collecting] - by Ampere - 01-02-2017, 05:43 PM