the Rift

[OPEN] Don't let me down [swp clearing/bone collecting]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
AMPERE
the Mother of Companions

Ampere's lips set together with a thin line and purposeful rigidity as both of the horses which had screamed for her to stop, confess that they have no better ideas than mere physical labor. It's a look of disapproval that has wound its way upon her face, one her two girls would be well familiar with, though they're not the ones suffering under it this time. There's a pause to Ampere's work as the lets this full realization sink in. She cocks her head as if to speak, the words right there on the tip of her tongue, shadowed in the edges of her hardened eyes that drift between Sunjata and Yael. Something catches her though, and she shakes her head, and with it the words all jumble together and fall out as little more than a scoff.

They came down frantic for her to stop, for what? Did they, knowing nothing about her and all her years with her abilities, all her sea side romps and electric storms of outrage, did they truly think she was going to electrocute the fucking water?Just because she stood in it did not mean her lightning lion, which had been merrily destroying rubble on the shore, had to waltz into the brine.

Could it have?
Surely.
In all fairness, Ampere hasn't been the most stable lately, and attempts at removing her own life have occurred before, but in all the ways they fail to understand the good in her, they also fail to understand the bad. The state of her sanity must be unknown to them, so she can only assume that they're idiots. They must be, she muses, if their reaction to someone wielding magic of whom and which they know nothing about is to yell at them.

That's what she wanted to say, or something between those lines and "fuck you", because moderation is key. She doesn't though, because in the end, what's the worth? She has been fighting battles uphill for so long, that she's just tired of it now. It's been too long without a real victory, and it's too damn dismal without her sun, so Ampere doesn't... she just doesn't.

She continues her work alongside the strangers, her fresh herd mate, and her daughter(soon to be plural). As Tae nears, Grusha draws alongside her, and Ampere offers a low whuffle of greeting to them both, something akin to a spark returning to her eyes. "Good to see you again, little bones," she greets Grusha, whom had been absent since Gaucho's passing. At least, more absent than she and Tae - just being away from Tae is a key that something is wrong. She doesn't pry though, because grief is a strange beast.

"I have," Ampere instead chooses to respond to Tae's question. "I received my five crying knives between this land and it, and I knew it before it died, before the darkness." She frowns at the mention of it, either remembering the bad days, or trying to recall what the place looked like before. She had been a wildling then, but even before it's death she didn't recall the land being too appealing, even with its proximity to this shore, one of her favorite lands to visit.

"I'm not sure it should be revived," she admits with a soft sigh as she rests from the work for a moment. "It's a good reminder." It serves like a grave marker, and those are important.
Credits: Image by eagle-cry-designs @ DA

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't let me down [swp clearing/bone collecting] - by Ampere - 01-22-2017, 01:50 AM