the Rift

[PRIVATE] a thorn among the petals

Rikyn the Puppeteer Posts: 549
Aurora Basin Lord atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 HP: 70 | Buff: SWIFT
Duir :: Royal Cerndyr :: Earth Spirit Bunnie

sweet bitter words, unlike nothing I have heard:

Her eyes soften as they meet mine, a quiet indication that she’s noticed I’m not my usual self.  That she either does not want to press me, or assumes the cause to be something else, is not really important; I’m just glad that I don’t have to talk about it, and that, instead, she chooses to discuss absolutely nothing at all.  One of my favorite topics, mostly because it has no serious implications, really, other than potentially falling into silence, and it allows me to keep hiding inside myself.

Maybe it’s just my overall melancholy demeanor, but Tiamat seems kind of sad, too.  She doesn’t have her usual, cheerful smiles in tow, and her words are heavy, somehow, lacking the playful bounce that usually entails each dulcet syllable.  I’m regretfully glad when she admits that she actually isn’t her normal self, happy to know that my sadness isn’t managing to ruin everything.

Everything is just slowly being ruined, is all.

Her head rests against my shoulder, softly, and I turn to look upon her with as best a smile as I can manage, awfully sorry for the both of us.

"It is," I answer, my tail curling about my ankles and dragging through the grass; I’m distracted by this glance, and the soft sadness in her usually bright, sky toned eyes, when Duir chances a grab at the blue stone the Time God had given me, fortuitously (as has often been the case with this tricky little rock) wedged between the very rim of my shoulder plate and flesh.  Sneakily, with his stone in tow, the buck pretends to move to greet Nimue, who calls to him with peculiar whale song, all the while plotting against me.

I’m just beginning to really enjoy the comforting feeling of her resting against my body when my buck reaches out with the blue stone, and firmly touches the mare on her shoulder, a mischievous glint in his eye. 

“Let’s enjoy it while we can,” she softly intones, just as I feel the all too familiar grasp of the blue rock’s magic pull through my veins.  For whatever reason, maybe because I hadn’t expected it at all, the grasp it takes is firm, and almost immediate, and though, inwardly, I haven’t bid my body to do any of what proceeds, it does so, anyway.

"Oh, I have an idea!" I (oh god) cheerfully quip, suddenly grinning and looking at her like I’ve never looked at fucking anything in my life, not even kittens, literally bounding a step forward.  Plucking a few of the best looking flowers from the nearby cluster (some brightly colored red, white, and violet wildflowers), I return to Tiamat, and tuck them into her mane, behind her ear.  "There.  Now the day is even lovier."

Duir, staring with a wildly bemused smile, our mental link literally resounding with the sound of his laughter, looks at Nimue, and nods with a rolling gesture of his shoulder, as if seeking approval for his deeds.  

[ OOC:  Hopefully Duir touching her with the rock is okay!  I felt like it expedited the action quite a lot. :)  If you'd rather he not I can amend it.  Just let me know! ]

sing along, mockingbird; you don't affect me.

Image by TheArtlex@DA

@Tiamat

Wishlist - Plots

Force/violence is allowed to be used on Rikyn permitted it does not permanently maim or kill him (PM me!).

Messages In This Thread
a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 01-03-2017, 12:16 PM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 01-29-2017, 11:14 PM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-08-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-11-2017, 02:03 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-11-2017, 09:23 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-13-2017, 12:21 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-16-2017, 10:44 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-17-2017, 08:16 PM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-22-2017, 11:31 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Tiamat - 02-25-2017, 12:58 AM
RE: a thorn among the petals - by Rikyn - 02-28-2017, 11:31 AM