the Rift

[OPEN] because all suffering is sweet to me [bone gathering]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz

M A R E N

- By the precepts of her purity -

The cold weather had began to simmer down and, without the harsh winter winds, the salty seawater felt like a nice, cold hug around her Legs. As demeaning as it was for her trusty, wooden companion, she felt it was a clever way to carry all the bones Mr.Teatime had planned and promised her he would find - which she expected would be a lot. Too much, maybe. He might even go overboard with it. That was how extreme her companion's mindset felt against her own. Just don't kill anyone for it, that wouldn't be very morally correct.

Anyhow, she had therefore decided that she'd better not take up too much room in the vessel herself, and walk alongside the shoreline instead, pulling her boat along by its chain. It was something she rarely did. Wading through the water felt strange, almost foreign now. To her, it had no elegance anymore, had lost its finesse. After all, there were no moments to really drift away with her thoughts. Walking and splashing were suddenly disturbing motions. And there was so much to think about right now, too. Or, well... Just one thing. What is this nonsense about bones? When had they ever found use for them? As much history as they held within their ivory chambers of non-decay, they held as much death and lifelessness. It was the only immediate link she could find to connect the objects to anything related to Gods - as they often had to do with life and death in lore. But then what? Was he going to dress himself in them, as Gaucho had done? Was he going to build himself a throne of bones? Was Kisamoa even a God? Was he not just an Helovian entity? A mystery; that was what he was, most of all.

Meanwhile Mr.Teatime seemed to enjoy himself and continued to dive and crawl the crystal sands of the beach. When he found a a bone he dumped it straight into the wooden vessel, where it fell against the wooden planks with a light thud. Maren now noticed there were others around this part, too. They seemed to be doing the same thing as them; cleaning, clearing - but where they questioning, too? Like she was now, and would be, when she was lying in a cozy cave later tonight? And, although she preferred thinking alone, she saw a pair of mares and a stallion close by to her and thought that, maybe... just maybe they knew something more than her. Even if it was just a ramble, a fleeting thought that wasn't her own; maybe they could enlighten her. So Maren walked up to them, leaving Mr. Teatime in charge of the boat. Just as she did, however, the stallion that had approached the mares just before she did, seemed to get himself stuck. "Goodday." She glanced from him, back to the two girls and scraped her throat . "You two look intelligent enough," she declared to the chosen ones and continued on with proposing her search for enlightenment and wisdom. "So, from one intelligent being to another, why would you say we are collecting these bones? For what purpose?" If none of the two girls had helped the dude with the bones stuck in his antler yet, Maren would take the initiative and plead mercy on his behave. Because, looking at the two galls; strangers to herself, they were pretty and if a stallions body knew moments of failure, it had to be when there were pretty mares closeby. "Oh, and my name is Maren, I am the Diviner from the Dragon's Throat." 

by yewrezz

-sneaks in- This is a weird post and sorry that maren is such a snob Snow. Õ A Q
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
RE: because all suffering is sweet to me [bone gathering] - by Maren - 01-05-2017, 05:25 PM