the Rift

[OPEN] because all suffering is sweet to me [bone gathering]

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
She smiled at Lyanna, who introduced herself as the World's Edge Moon Doctor after she was done helping the ridiculous, but handsome looking stallion with the bones in his antlers. Maren had always admired the medical wisdom of healers, but didn't like healers out of pure childish principle. despite the world of logic and faith her mind was housed in, she was somehow still a scared-of-the-doctor type. Childish - but who would ever guess such a thing. The other ivory girl from the World's Edge was Glasgow, the herds glazier, as she called herself. “Ah, if you do see Anzanie, you may tell her that her glasswork stands superbly within the foundations of our Temple,” she nodded in appreciation of their colleagues’ craft.

There was a familiar voice strutting into her ears. It wasn't per se one she had expected herself to immediately like, but at least she appreciated him memorizing her name. "How nice it is to see you as well, Barnabas. Indeed I did." - Fish? More like an eel. But she smiled like she always smiled: it did not reach her eyes, as it rarely managed to warm up the silence of her eyes. "What can I say, it is my duty as the Dragon's Throat Water Patrol to keep our oceans clean," she said matter-of-factly after listening to Barnabas thankfulness.

She hadn’t particularly been out to hurt Bartholomeo’s feelings, no not at all. Her eyes were a judgmental pair, however and she was simply one that prefered a wise mind over a nice sight... - but sometimes she could do nothing but admit that there was something besides wisdom that could provide as a useful skill, sometimes it seemed to pay to be handsome, charming, helpful... as she had found herself being trapped by the charm of Bartholomeo’s grin as well.

When it came down to the question about the bones, nobody seemed to have any or more knowledge of Kisamoa’s plan with them. There was often a higher motive when doing a task for a God, a lesson to be learned. Like working together or finding understanding, making oneself realize why they did what they did; A lesson. As jolly and hurried as he may have sounded in their earlier meetings, Kid had spoken with words true to the Earth God’s ideals, which gave her no reason to doubt his honesty. Yet, like she thought Barnabas a suspicious being, she thought the same about the intentions of the entity from the sea. Next to being a messenger of her God, she was also a scholar. Despite the proof and truths that she was wrapped by, she would always continue to ask questions. How sad it may be it was the core of her being. She scraped her throat, maybe preparing it for story time. I might as well. “Bones stand symbol for many things in ancient lore and are often related to some kind of Godly form, appearing on all cultures walls when studying history. Memento Mori,” with her already outlandish voice, the sudden sprout of random words sounded ancient and strange from her lips when she had yet to explain. “...It means ‘Remember you are mortal’, ‘everyone dies’. For a priest or priestess like me, a bone scraped on the Wall of History can symbolize both life and death. However, it may also mean something else; a symbol for the wish of power.” It would probably be blasphemy for her to expect such a thing from Kis as true. Gods did not have to wish, they were. “What I would expect the bones to be for, could be a ritual to revive or refertilize the deadlands with the Earth Gods blessings. Symbolism is of importance within the magics after all. However, in all honesty I would’ve expected to have seen the Earth God by now, as we have seen the Moon Godess.” She shrugged, leaving the possibility of her doubt open for debate. After all, for an holy entity claiming to be from the sea, it would never be a bad idea to take his words with a grain of salt.

@Toulouse
@Lyanna

Sorry for the table-lessness >> don't have my laptop atm so had to do this from my phone, forgive me.
Please tag me 

Messages In This Thread
RE: because all suffering is sweet to me [bone gathering] - by Maren - 01-14-2017, 06:41 AM