the Rift

[OPEN] I caught fire

Glasgow Posts: 127
Aurora Basin Apprentice atk: 3.5 | def: 10.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3hh :: 11 years HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Skylark
G L A S G O W

The first thing to capture the Glazier’s attention was the swooping of wings as it approached. Granted, owls were quiet creatures, but Glasgow had seen many of them on her travels. Mainly since she traversed the land at night, and so she felt as though she was possibly a bit more predisposed of listening for the quiet night hunters. As her glassy gaze landed on the owl briefly before Alysanne breached the clearing. A soft yet solemn smile reached the corners of her lips at the friendliness that Alysanne always had to offer for her. Oh, how she wished this was a better meeting.

I’m doing well. How are you?” The words felt strained, but she pressed on nevertheless. A soft sigh slipped inaudibly though her lips as she stepped aside while Alysanne looked to the greenhouse and commented. Nodding quietly, Glasgow offered the mare another tiny smile. “It’s finally finished.” She noted, before another pair breached the line. Raeden had appeared and Glasgow dipped her scarred head to the mare in greeting as she addressed the Queen and herself. Then, she showered Glasgow with compliments that made this seem even more painful. Her stomach churned and burned with regret, but knowing it was the best thing she could do for herself. And for once, she needed to not think about others when deciding factors of her own happiness. “Your kind words are more than enough.” She replied in a quiet, rough voice to Raeden.

And then as if it couldn’t get any worse, Lyanna was there. Her lips tugged in a small frown as she slid her eyes briefly across her only true friend now. Glasgow hoped that despite her leaving, that she’d be able to visit – then maybe, if Lyanna would be willing to meet her in the Basin. It was a trek, but the scarred woman was willing to do anything for her friends, despite how few of them there were. “Thank you Lyanna.” She commented while she paused for if Alysanne wanted to reply to the Moon Doctor.

Though, this isn’t the only reason I called you here Alysanne.” She began, pausing and doing the best she could from wincing from the words. “This… is hard for me to say. But I’ve been in the Edge ever since I’ve been in Helovia. And while I love you all, and appreciate everything you’ve done for me, I want to see what else this land has to offer.” She paused, emotionless pale gaze glancing across the faces of those gathered, creasing with lines of sadness and sorrow. “I want to go to the Basin. I hope, maybe, that I can come and visit sometimes.” For some reason, this was growing extremely emotional to Glasgow. She could feel the tears threatening to brim her scarred eyelids, but she blinked them away. Lowering her head, she rubbed her face along her blood stained feet in the attempts to hide it off as an itch.

Then, her gaze landed on Lyanna with a sad smile. “I’m so sorry.” She spoke quietly, mostly to Lyanna but to Alysanne and Raeden as well. “You all have been my family, and I appreciate it far more than I can even comprehend.” Her voice cracked slightly, and she shook her dual horned head slightly, turning it away from the group as she waited for a response. Afraid, scared to look at them in the eyes as the news computed.

"Talk."

what a strange illusion it is,
to suppose that beauty is goodness

image credits

i cried :s @Alysanne @Raeden @Lyanna
thank you guys so much for everything with Glasgow ;-;

Messages In This Thread
I caught fire - by Glasgow - 01-03-2017, 05:39 PM
RE: I caught fire - by Alysanne - 01-03-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: I caught fire - by Raeden - 01-04-2017, 12:51 AM
RE: I caught fire - by Lyanna - 01-04-2017, 09:03 AM
RE: I caught fire - by Glasgow - 01-08-2017, 03:12 AM