the Rift

[OPEN] I caught fire

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

i am a leaf on the wind

She hadn’t expected this, and in some small way, it’s like a punch in the gut. One that flies awry from some fight totally unrelated to you. That wrong place, wrong time sort of thing. Lyanna doesn’t blame Glasgow. The mare is doing nothing wrong but following her heart, living her life as she felt she needed to. Every bad day that passed left Lyanna wondering what it might be like to call the Throat home instead. When she meets Glasgow’s eyes as the mare offers an apology, Lyanna only smiles reassuringly to her friend.

But it still feels like a punch to the gut. It feels like losing a piece of her heart. Because Glasgow was her true friend, one who understood her, one who Lyanna felt so comfortable being honest and herself with, all the time. But because of that bond, because of that open honestly, she understands that this too is Glasgow being honest. Hiding nothing. She needs to move on, and there is nothing wrong with that. It hurts, of course it does, but it’s the sort of hurt that could be stomached.

Lyanna let’s Alysanne speak first, though words rush to her tongue and get trapped behind closed lips. Alysanne reassures the scarred Glazier that there is nothing to apologize, a few less words that Lyanna now needs to say. When Alysanne finishes, Lyanna closes the distance to her friend, proffering her own nose to touch Glasgow’s neck should the mare allow her.

“I hope the Basin likes visitors,” she says with a playful little grin, making it clear that Glasgow has nothing to apologize for. She is entitled to live her life however she has to, but Lyanna wouldn’t be losing her as a friend anytime soon. Not if she could help it. The Basin is not terribly far, at least when you can fly.   “You can’t get rid of me that easily, you know.” She says it with a laugh, meant to be reassuring, to ease any remaining tensions.

Then, quieter, perhaps quietly enough only Glasgow hears, though certainly not intended to be kept from the other mares gathered, “You will be missed. But I hope you find happiness in the Basin.” Because she understands, deep down in those buried places of their pasts and the ghosts those leave behind.

watch how i soar.

lyanna

@Glasgow

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
I caught fire - by Glasgow - 01-03-2017, 05:39 PM
RE: I caught fire - by Alysanne - 01-03-2017, 11:13 PM
RE: I caught fire - by Raeden - 01-04-2017, 12:51 AM
RE: I caught fire - by Lyanna - 01-04-2017, 09:03 AM
RE: I caught fire - by Glasgow - 01-08-2017, 03:12 AM