the Rift

[PRIVATE] building bridges [gathering/clearing]

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Her blood runs cold and her entire body stiffens as she hears the familiar voice. Slowly she turns, as though the movement will bring her to her doom; she schools herself into calm, trying to convince herself that this is for the best. Ripping off the plaster, revealing the gaping wound below, and sewing it up. It's better than letting it fester - having this conversation whilst the argument is fresh in the mind is far preferable to leaving it months, years, until things have been forgotten and distorted on the winds of time.

To make matters worse, the golden mare is pregnant. Nyx scans her side, deducing that the father is most likely Tembovu, and the thought fills her with all kinds of strange feelings. "Of course," she replies to the other woman's question, trying to keep the nervousness out of her voice. It's hard, because damn, she's scared. Conversation isn't her strong point, and whilst she knows she needs to take a bite out of the humble pie, that doesn't mean it is going to be easy.

"Shall we?" she adds, and begins to walk away from the main gathering deeper into the trees around the Rotunda. It's here that she's guessing there will be more bones, and she calls Dominus from his hunting in order to help her locate some. It isn't long before he's bounding towards her, a femur clutched happily in his jaws, and his welcome presence elicits a small smile from the anxious mare as she asks him to go and place the bone with the others near Kisamoa.

Assuming Rexanna follows her, once the two mares - and the bone-hunting lion, who subtly looks around for Rexanna's companion and contemplates the worth of his marrow - are a good distance away from prying ears, Nyx halts. She doesn't know what to say, what to do, and she finds her gaze darts everywhere but at Rexanna's face. "I owe you an apology," she says. The words hurt less when she says them fast, but it doesn't hide the slight stab to the silver's pride at the fact she's saying sorry again. That humble pie don't taste too good.

"Those things I said were out of order. It is not my style to be a hell-spawned bitch, although I imagine that's hard for you to believe." She snorts wryly, a noise that lacks humour. "I have no excuses save for the fact I wanted myself to hate you right from the start. I painted this picture in my head of you as a man-eating devil-woman who forces men to forsake their natures in order to be with her and her alone, and I was determined to stick to that image even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary." Here she falls silent, awaiting a reply.

For @Rexanna , continuation of their conversation in the main SWP!

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
building bridges [gathering/clearing] - by Nyx - 01-04-2017, 02:44 PM