the Rift

[PRIVATE] building bridges [gathering/clearing]

Nyx Posts: 292
Deceased atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 11 HP: 72 | Buff: SWIFT
Dominus :: White Lion :: None Snow

Hunting for bones is surprisingly intensive work, and it keeps the mare's mind fully focused. It is strange how she has never really noticed the abundance of bones until being asked to collect them, and she has soon formed quite the pile. Every so often she departs the area to drop some back to Kisamoa's designated spot, before returning to Rexanna and their conversation.

The golden mare says she would prefer a daughter, and Nyx titters her agreement. She does adore her girls, although truthfully she has no preference. Like her, her daughters seem to be more boyish - she's yet to produce a pampered princess who shuns dirt to play dress up, with Esinakh probably coming closest due to her hatred of filth. The silver's ears prick, however, when Rexanna mentions her son being captured. "Your son was stolen?" It shows how out of touch she is with Edge gossip that she didn't even know! Heavens, she can only imagine what the poor woman went through. Nyx's children have wandered off from their own accord, but the idea of having one kidnapped....it makes her blood boil.

The question jerks her back to the present, and she ponders for a moment. "I think I've had a fairly even balance, perhaps with slightly more colts. Before I came to Helovia, I preferred daughters, because the boys were chased off by their fathers the moment they became old enough to challenge their leadership. The girls, however, would stay with me permanently, and it was lovely to build a proper bond with them and help them raise their own children." She smiles fondly, ruminating over the fact she's probably a great-great grandmother by now. That makes her feel dreadfully old!

"Here, I have no preference, as Helovia's men seem less inclined to see their sons as threats. I've had two sets of twins since arriving here, each one with a colt and a filly, and I've also adopted a pair of twin girls." The last part, the lie, has been said so often that it simply rolls off her tongue, as though it is as true as the rest. "Motherhood is the best thing in the world, but it's also the worst when they grow up and leave." Her expression turns sorrowful, thinking of Arakh, Esinakh, Libertad, d'Arcy and Enyo, all of whom have either disappeared or moved to different herds. "But those early days, when it's just you and the child, when you are their world....there's nothing like it." There's an odd sting in her eyes as she looks at Rexanna's swollen stomach, and she quickly turns aside to look for bones and to hide the sudden sadness.

@Rexanna

Other characters have permission to use magic/violence against Nyx at any time.

Messages In This Thread
building bridges [gathering/clearing] - by Nyx - 01-04-2017, 02:44 PM
RE: building bridges [gathering/clearing] - by Nyx - 01-22-2017, 09:26 AM