[OPEN] We are the movers and shakers [clearing/bone collecting for swp]

Isi Posts: 17
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15 hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Adella :: Common Brown Dragon :: Fire Breath Avis
Isi
And Adella
. . .
I was feeling quite lonely as all the others gathered seemed to have someone they knew, friends or lovers drawn near at their sides. Of course, I always had Adella but there was something about the contact of my own species than rubbed me differently than my companion. She wasn't simply a friend, not just someone I met up with and conversed with; as my bonded, she felt all I did and saw everything my own gaze came across.

Yet it was but moments after I thought of Ilios that he pulled up along the masses, calling my name out. I almost missed it at first, the idea so outlandish that it just had to be a mistake--it wasn't, though, as I spotted him moving toward a pair of foals with eyes greeting me as ours met. A smile spread wide across my lips and Adella took a moment from gawking at the other dragons to wave her tail happily at the sight of him, pleased that someone we knew was here. His kindness to us in the threshold was still fresh, even though it had been seasons since the encounter. He wandered away from me yet I was still within earshot as he addressed the two kids (his kids?? the idea warmed me) and mentioned me joining him as well. My heart leap at the thought of someone including me, though no excitement was voiced aloud. Adella contentedly sat across my bag, eager to get her hands dirty and put herself to work.

I hung back with Ilios as we watched the foals meander in some other direction, one following the other. It wasn't really my place to insert opinions, so I instead wondered at the joy of having a child while my brown dragon tittered nervously at the concept. We both knew my own kid was a ways off, neither of us quite ready for such a handful.
When the hybrid boy finally made off, I trailed after him so he could fuss over them in peace. Watching his own companion dart off and bring back a bundle of vines, we understood the idea and I instructed Adella to help; having hands, of course, she would find the task of weaving things together quite easy. She would sit back and wait for instruction from the two children, curiously looking the other strange companion over.

I turned to take after Ilios, happy to be around someone I knew. "Fatherhood looks good on you." I smiled after him, stalling from taking my own mouthful of bones--the idea wasn't too pleasant.
... if my yesterday is a disgrace,
tell me that you still recall my name
/ image
[Image: kpEmnDB.png]
(please tag in every post)

Messages In This Thread
RE: We are the movers and shakers [clearing/bone collecting for swp] - by Isi - 01-06-2017, 12:41 PM