the Rift

[PRIVATE] clean up, clean up, everybody do your share [clearing]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
Lyra noticed first that something was upsetting Vesper, but she had not yet learned to speak and her insistent yipping sounded much to same to Mesec and Lucius as it had a moment ago. They were still learning about each other, still getting accustomed to this strange bond, and the flood of emotions from her only confused them still. It wasn’t until Mesec watched Vesper recoil from the withered fern, when he heard the tone of her voice, that he caught on. Lyra, annoyed that her bonded was so blind, quickly moved to bury the small fracture of bone that Vesper had revealed - returning it back to the earth - then sat so that she was physically between the girl and the diseased land.

Mesec’s attention was full on Vesper now - his expression dark with worry when their eyes met and he saw the fear in her eyes. She tried to explain, though she didn’t need to. That look was enough for him to want to whisk her away and go anywhere else.

When she pressed her head against his shoulder, he lowered his muzzle and brushed it in her mane. She was getting so big now but she was still so young. The force of his desire to protect her from the things she feared was overwhelming, his love for his children strong and intense and eclipsing everything else. There was no debate at all when he was faced with the choice of making her upset or doing everything he possibly could to make her feel better. “No, no we don’t have to do it. We won’t go in there at all.” It no longer mattered what Kisamoa had asked them to do, his daughter was frightened and everything else would take a back burner. There were enough Helovians scattered around the border doing the sea-god’s bidding. And, now that Mesec thought about it, he didn’t understand what the gathering of bones had to do with restoring the land anyway. They should leave those who had fallen in the marshes there.

Without looking at the border of the marshes again, he let a smile lighten up his silver eyes once again as he offered her a way for them to get away. “Tell you what, how about we go see the shrines of the gods instead? They’re just south of here, where the blue lava is. You’ve seen my mother now, but I’ll tell you all about the others.” He didn’t move just yet though - he watched her carefully, hoping that this suggestion would be what she needed from him. That he would do something right as a father.  

wherever you may go ___________
_______
no matter where you are

I never will be far away, _____
______________you'll always be a part of me

image credits

@Vesper <3
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
RE: clean up, clean up, everybody do your share [clearing] - by Mesec - 01-10-2017, 10:44 AM