the Rift

[PRIVATE] dear fellow traveller, under the moon

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Letha was home. She was safe with Dragomir, tucked away within the safety of the Hidden Falls, and I was out at the flats because Mara had a nearly insatiable urge to explore. I was reluctant to let her go out on her own because she had a knack for getting into trouble and the thought of losing her was more painful than even the memory of losing my father and Rhoa and Gaucho. I figured that if I was there she'd either be more careful or I'd be able to save her from any danger she happened upon (or caused).

It was the middle of the night by the time Mara was finally tuckered out enough that she agreed that it was time to go home. She ended up nestled on my back, fast asleep, while I made the trip back to the Falls. The night was silent and peaceful and I was tempted to find a place to settle in for the night, but I knew that Letha would be looking for me in the morning, as would Dragomir. So I pushed myself and kept going.

Until I heard a splash.

The sound roused Mara, who was an exceptionally light sleeper, and she lifted her head. I turned, looking to see if I could see anyone in the moonlight, and in the distance I could see a very faint orange glow. Mara spotted it, too, and before I could tell her not to she had leapt from my back and was running. "Mara!" I called after her. She didn't stop so I chased after her. The orange glow grew more and more clear and I could see the silhouette of another horse and two other little creatures...

"Sacre!" I called out in surprise when his form became clear. My pace slowed to a stop and I breathed a sigh of relief. "What are you doing out here?" A yip from Mara was all I needed to hear to know that she was already trying to goad Sacre's foxes into a game of tag.

"."

ooc:// so sorry for the wait!

Mara's form is a maned wolf
so let's dance like two shadows
     BURNING OUT OUR GLORY DAYS
image credits

@Sacre

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
dear fellow traveller, under the moon - by Sacre - 01-06-2017, 07:55 PM
RE: dear fellow traveller, under the moon - by Ranjiri - 02-07-2017, 02:47 PM