the Rift

I Got A Heavy Soul

Calyndar Posts: 2
Unclaimed
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.0 :: 7
Rennix
CALYNDAR If I had a heart I could love you If I had a voice I would sing After the night when I wake up I'll  see  what  tomorrow brings
The scarred and battle-worn boy walked silently.  If one were to ask how long he had been doing so, none, not even himself, would be able to say.  Perhaps several months?  A year?  It hardly mattered of course.  Little mattered now a days.

As saddening a thought as it is, it's the truth.

A rustle of leaves to the left, a little thing others would dismiss, had the boy pivoting and turning the gaze of his single seeing eye in the direction of the noise.  A hassle it was to do so, it was the only option he had as his left eye had become dead and unseeing to the world nigh on close to a year and a half ago.  Such a new thing meant there was still some uncertainty when it came to trusting his other senses.

My boy knew he was more than likely one of the scariest looking things here, but he still wasn't a fool.

Seeing as well as he could that there was no immediate danger, he returned to his previous position and began walking again.

The calm and lively forest he found himself in now was almost a blessing.  Sun poking through the branches and making his black coat pleasantly warm.  He had only ever known dark and lifeless woods, something he found unpleasant now.  It seemed that memories associated with such places would forever haunt him, so he would enjoy this reprieve while he had the chance.  His quiet mind did bring up a question though: where was he?

A concentrated look appeared on his face as he tried to piece the puzzle that was his life together.  He doesn't remember much.  Only her beautiful white coat and their little foal before he looked away and then... nothing.  They were gone before he knew it.

He came to a slow stop as his mind wandered off again, and how my boy's mind did this more often than naught, before turning his head to the right to look behind him with his eye.

He could go back; turn his old ass around and head on back from where he came.  Perhaps she was meant to wander away though.  A monster with as much blood on him as my boy saw himself undeserving of anything close to angelic.

Mind decided and focused once more, he turned forward and continued onward.  Walking was the best choice as far as he could tell.  No where left to go and knowing that none would want to associate themselves with a stallion that once killed for a living and looked as he did.  His appearance hardly mattered. He had made peace with his looks a long time ago, he was never a beautiful boy to begin with.

Loneliness was something else all together though.

A bone rattling sigh came from him as he continued on, shaking his matted mane; a bur had been bothering the boy for quite some time.  His mind began the endless cycle of wandering again, another question making itself known: perhaps this walking was punishment?

Calyndar knew he deserved far worse.
pinn @ THQ

note: open to anyone c:
[Image: 25pixelbases_by_bronzehalo_d97wlc5.png]

Messages In This Thread
I Got A Heavy Soul - by Calyndar - 01-07-2017, 02:25 AM
RE: I Got A Heavy Soul - by Lena - 01-07-2017, 01:42 PM
RE: I Got A Heavy Soul - by Raeden - 01-07-2017, 01:56 PM
RE: I Got A Heavy Soul - by Calyndar - 01-07-2017, 05:45 PM
RE: I Got A Heavy Soul - by Lena - 01-07-2017, 07:23 PM
RE: I Got A Heavy Soul - by Raeden - 01-09-2017, 12:15 AM