the Rift

Just When I Thought It Was Over...

Nitika Posts: 17
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 4 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Lizzy
Well, now at least a few of her questions were being answered. The hostility in Nitika's eyes began to vanish, curiosity now swimming within the sea of blue. Her ears turned forward as she took in all that the mare explained about this place, and why she had come here to seek Nitika out, even if she had pretty much stumbled upon the mare by accident. With the noise Nitika had been making when running through the brush, she was surprised that the wolves hadn't heard her.

So this place was named... Helovia? A name such as that didn't strike any chords within Nitika's brain. Nor did the other names the mare mentioned; World's Edge? Threshold? Moon Doctors? Though she figured the last one meant these healers the palomino mare spoke of. The matter of being recruited by a herd was simple enough, but the problem was, Nitika didn't have very fond memories of herd life. Everyone had always said rude things to her, shoved her to the side to move her away, spoke about her behind her back when they thought she wasn't listening...

But unlike many that experienced such a thing, Nitika was also a bit of an optimist. Sure, she was guarded and her trust was hard to earn, but she was willing to give a first chance at least to something, or someone, she found interesting. Perhaps things were different here? Herd members didn't gossip about each other as much maybe? The mare would keep a close eye on matters like that, just in case. She didn't want a repeat of some recent incidents.

Nitika once more made an attempt to stand. Somehow finding the strength, she struggled to her hooves, managing to get all four under her to support her weight. However, by her fatigued stance, it was quite obvious that she wouldn't be moving anywhere fast anytime soon; her fastest pace would be a leisurely walk at best.

As she made her way to her hooves, Nitika spoke in a louder voice to get Raeden's attention, as the palomino had already turned her back and was starting to disappear into the trees.

"Look, I'm... sorry," Nitika said, a somewhat sorrowful look in her eyes, "I'm... I'm just very tired and frustrated right now. I... I can't remember what I was running from... what was chasing me here. I can't... really seem to remember a whole lot right now, of what happened before you showed up," the mare explained. "It's like this thick wall of fog has settled in my brain and won't go away. It's... highly irritating.

"If... you would be willing to bear my presence on the journey to your home... I... I would like to... at least see, what these 'Moon Doctors' of yours can do to, well... hopefully help me."

@Raeden

OOC: Hey, sassiness makes the world go round, haha. Nitika doesn't trust Raeden too much yet for her to use her own magic. She wants to see if Raeden is really telling the truth and not just pulling her leg before she asks for her help.

Messages In This Thread
Just When I Thought It Was Over... - by Nitika - 01-07-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: Just When I Thought It Was Over... - by Nitika - 01-12-2017, 02:29 AM