the Rift

Just When I Thought It Was Over...

Nitika Posts: 17
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 4 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Lizzy
Nitika did find it a bit odd that this... place, the Threshold, had the same effect on other horses that she was currently experiencing. That didn't really seem fair; was this land trying to cause horses to forget? Erase all former traces of home from their lives to try and make them feel at home here? The mare wasn't sure how she felt about that. She wanted to remember what it was she had been running from, so she would know to be on the lookout for it.

Not knowing, being kept in the dark, made her feel like a helpless foal; always looking over her shoulder, watching for the enemy. In reality, she spent every waking moment looking over her shoulder anyways, but she didn't want to feel weak while doing it.

Raeden urged Nitika to come along under the guise that she could continue without slowing her down due to her injuries. Nitika was accustomed to hiding, or at least dealing with, her pain, no matter how severe. Ever since she'd been removed from her herd and forced to live on her own when she was young, she had always been on the run, knowing doing anything else could mean her death. There were time she'd been hurt and nearly caught by a predator, so she'd learned that even if she was hurt, she had to keep moving.

When the palomino turned away again and started walking in the direction of what Nitika presumed was her home, the painted mare followed. Her ears turned toward Raeden's voice as the mare requested Nitika's name, saying she wished to call her something else besides 'mare'. Oh, the irony, since she had been called much worse before.

Taking a short breath, the blue eyes turned to the palomino, a soft gaze swimming in their depths, "It's Nitika."

OOC: Thought I'd at least get a short little closer up so that Raeden at least knew Nitika's name, haha. And all right, I'll keep an eye out for the post in World's Edge. Hey, by the way, how do you tag a player? It worked for me the first time but now when I try it again it won't work.

Messages In This Thread
Just When I Thought It Was Over... - by Nitika - 01-07-2017, 03:06 AM
RE: Just When I Thought It Was Over... - by Nitika - 01-12-2017, 10:33 PM