the Rift

Don't Save Her

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Lightning strikes every time she moves
She came with a flutter of a white, black mane and she was just as I described; soft, offering her formal, Queenly greetings. I nodded at her. “Wh’s’good?” I responded, and yeah, I guess it was a little (a lot) less formal but I wasn’t at that point where polite and polished came easy to me. Maybe one day but…eh. Besides, we were here to fight anyway and there’s nothing polite or polished about any of that. Well...I guess it depends who you ask. And you’re asking me and we ain’t got any of that polite shit in here.

I made to square up, to prepare myself to do the thing that we’d agreed to do. Y’know, anticipating the fight ‘n whatever. But she didn’t make any move to match me--and then she admitted I had to start the fight, and it wasn’t that cold or windy or whatever but I could see the faint line of her body tremble slightly. I cocked an eyebrow.

And… don’t let me run away. I need to learn, however hard it is going to be.

Aaaaw shit. She’s legit terrified right now.

Got her on ropes, fuck her up.

Shut UP Cheek.

I relaxed immediately, throwing the ready off my bones and setting it aside for the moment. It struck me what it actually meant for her to offer to spar with me. Sure, maybe she recognized the weakness in her duty, but to actually take the initiative and throw herself in a situation that actually scared the crap out of her? I mean, look at her now! There was no mistaking it; she was walking in with gritted teeth and stiff shoulders, willing to just...just get it done and over with. Except I wasn’t about that kind of life.

“Yeah, you do need to learn and yeah, it’s gonna be hard,” I said, with words that sounded a million times harsher than the voice I spoke them with, “but I ain’t just gonna throw hooves and ass at you so you can just...I dunno…react at them. You wanted to learn to fight and that’s what I’mma do for you, learn you a fight.”

I paused, with Chico’s disappointment washing over me that I wasn’t just gonna turn this into a bloodbath. “Ain’t much you can learn if you’re too busy panicking over it,” I said, and my voice fell into an even more gentle, relaxed tone, “so we’ll take it easy right now, take it slow, talk it out, y’know? Build a foundation for you to stand on, feel me?”

Chico was already sauntering off, knowing this was gonna be one of those eduh-muh-cational joints that he had no interest in. Good riddance, I said with a flick of my tail. “First thing’s first, what you know about fighting? How many fights you been in?” I hoped that I could get her nerves to stop shaking, get her blood pumping normal before we threw the first hoof.

--
OOPS no attack yet, maybe a little chat before Ros begins? :D

0/3
0/1
W/C: 496  
Chico
and Roskuld
image credits

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Don't Save Her - by Roskuld - 01-09-2017, 11:21 PM
RE: Don't Save Her - by Alysanne - 01-20-2017, 07:31 PM