the Rift

Don't Save Her

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne had been expecting Roskuld to just launch right into it - that had been exactly how both of the other fights she had gotten involved in had started, after all. Learn through doing, matching physical blow with physical blow in the hopes that it would awaken some sort of reaction within her. They had simply begun with very little conversation beforehand, just a mere ‘shall we’.

But Roskuld relaxed instead of charged and though Alysanne eyed the younger mare warily, her body ceased trembling as their young General began to talk. Utter surprise showed clearly on her face when the words started to sink in. Roskuld’s manner of speaking was crass and unique but if anything, it only endeared the General to Alysanne a little bit more - and ensured that she paid close attention to make sure that she was understanding everything. She had never had someone say the term ‘throwing ass’ before, for example, and she had to admit that the imagery that phrase summoned was a little more intimate than the battleground required.

She quickly returned herself to the matter at hand, the words that Roskuld was speaking - explaining how this teaching session would be different.

Take it slow.

That honestly sounded so wonderful and ideal that Alysanne wanted to cry. But, thankfully, she did not. Instead she slipped into a role she had not been in for a long time - that of a student. She was here to learn. And maybe actually talking about this first would ease the rest of the tension out of her body.

She didn’t have the words just yet to explain how grateful she was for this approach, so instead she did what she could and answered the questions asked. “Formal ones like this? Just two. Once with Tembovu and once with a stranger I happened on in the Green Labyrinth. I didn’t finish that one though...” Alysanne was not ashamed of the fact that she had abandoned that fight but there was the slightest note of remorse in her voice when she relayed this information to Roskuld. She wouldn’t describe why she had left - how the young unicorn had been about her son’s age and she hadn’t been able to shake the image of him from her head. With a small shrug of her wing, she continued speaking - finding it calming. “I don’t know much, really. Nothing first hand. Both of my attempts to learn have been getting hits thrown at me and trying to see if there was some sort of instinct inside of me that would tell me what to do next.” Clear as day, she was sure, was the fact that both of those attempts had failed. “I’ve watched a fair few fights during my time here at Helovia and it just always seems like two bodies being thrown at each recklessly - just complete chaos.”

--------

attack: 0/3
wordcount: 484
Alysanne
the devoted

image | coding

@Roskuld
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
Don't Save Her - by Roskuld - 01-09-2017, 11:21 PM
RE: Don't Save Her - by Alysanne - 01-20-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: Don't Save Her - by Roskuld - 01-21-2017, 01:30 PM
RE: Don't Save Her - by Alysanne - 01-30-2017, 09:35 PM
RE: Don't Save Her - by Roskuld - 02-05-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: Don't Save Her - by Alysanne - 02-14-2017, 09:00 PM
RE: Don't Save Her - by Roskuld - 02-26-2017, 04:52 PM
RE: Don't Save Her - by Blu - 03-20-2017, 11:21 AM