the Rift

[OPEN] Drifter.

Bathsheba Posts: 45
Outcast
Filly :: Hybrid :: 16.3 hh :: II years
Kansas
bathsheba
Ba-bump

Normal, a template borne from the base genetic make-up with the executive intent to inspire change. Deviancy, anomalies derived of a primordial desperation to survive in a world where only the strongest prevail. Or, perhaps it is intelligence that drives success, for where would Helovia be if not for its brightest minds? I liked to think it was a delicate mixture of the two, tipping always on that thin line we all seemed to walk. But then where would that leave me? The horses like me? The ubiquitous singularity that walks among the masses, speckled throughout every herd and walk of life. We exist in synchronicity with life and death as all things do, we see and hear, making decisions based on observation and experience. Yet for all the similarities we share, there is that irrevocable fact that stands out above anything we might hope to achieve - we aren't normal.

Ba-bump.

Light, a concept that I had nearly given up on in the past few... months? Years? I could no longer tell. My senses had numbed in the strangest way, caressed by darkness, tempted into something less than alert. Here though was an even more bizarre experience, the feeling of warmth filtering across my skin. The flesh of my face prickled, goose-pimples erupting across the expanse of my hide, tail sweeping irritably. Dark lashes fluttered over opalescent eyes that could not decide whether to focus or remain blown out of proper sight. Greens, blues, and soft yellows exploded into clarity with a special kind of pain, lancing angrily through my temples. I had partially forgotten what a tree looked like, but upon seeing them properly in what felt like forever, it was a deluge of memory and feeling.

There was no time to sort through the images and heart-break that filled the cracks and holes in my heart, reminding me of why I had wandered off to start with. Who in their right mind put themselves through such ache and dissent? For family? Community? Loyalty? All fragile and breakable concepts. I had been lost in a most terrible way, struggling to get home, to find my mother and... nobody cared. Not really, they had their own problems to contend with, who was I? The crippled waif who got in the worlds way. I shake my head, banishing the horrors to the dark corners of my mind, crying out while my expression revealed only tentative curiosity - if not a tad strained.

"Talk."

@Astarot I lied lol here is some trash to root in *snuff snuff*
look to the stars

image | coding

Email P

Messages In This Thread
Drifter. - by Bathsheba - 01-15-2017, 09:52 AM
RE: Drifter. - by Syrena - 01-15-2017, 06:56 PM
RE: Drifter. - by Bathsheba - 01-23-2017, 05:48 PM
RE: Drifter. - by Syrena - 01-29-2017, 07:55 PM
RE: Drifter. - by Bathsheba - 02-22-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: Drifter. - by Syrena - 02-26-2017, 09:01 AM