the Rift

[OPEN] The Mountain Smoked Beneath the Moon

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
After travelling up the rickety path and onto the Heavenly Fields, the sight of the mountains had struck a nostalgic cord within Sacre, crying back to his innocent childhood spent in the arms of snow and ice. The good old days. When the strain of responsibility didn't rest on his shoulders, he had been untouched by the cruelty of death and all his capricious friends. "Wouldn't you like to see what's beyond these mountains, Roux?" a painful, but a fond smile, wove onto Sacre's dark lips as he remembered he was meant to travel beyond with his twin and yet, here he stood, in the hands of the vast Frostbreath, wondering what happened. 

As his cloven hooves trudged through the slowly melting snow, that got deeper the more he climbed, the sun began to descend from the deep blue sky, casting an orange glow on two playing foxes who dived into the snow looking for prey. When they didn't catch any they sprinted off, chasing each other with small noises of joy following them as Sacre watched them, laughing now and then when one tumbled or another was caught off guard. It was serene, nice for a change, he even managed to pick up some hearth moss here and there, it's burnt appearance was easy to spot as it grew on the surface of rocks. Perhaps he could preserve it for the next Frostfall. 

By the time he had stopped, the moon was high in the sky and Sacre had taken shelter near a large rock formation, placing his Sun God figurine on the floor for a source of light. It's warm coloured aura made him feel warmer too even if it didn't emit any heat. Across his back lay Inari and Ríona, the kitsunes tails wrapped around Sacre's neck like a scarf as the latter peered into the sky, gazing at the often clouded moon. Eventually, he stuck his red arrow into a crack in the stone, hanging his moss from it as not to lose it and started slowly wandering, following the rock formation, looking for more.

now I'm reaching out to you with every note I sing
and I hope it gets to you on some pacific wind

image credits

@Bathsheba <3

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
The Mountain Smoked Beneath the Moon - by Sacre - 01-16-2017, 10:09 AM