the Rift

[OPEN] The Mountain Smoked Beneath the Moon

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

Peacefully searching for more of the strange looking moss whilst watching the moon's luminous reflection on the far-reaching snow, Sacre wasn't really expecting a voice to smoothly reach out to him from the darkness of the Steppe and cause his heart to fall over itself in fright. He twisted violently from the side of the rock wall, whirling around to face the girl who had shattered his scene of serenity, whilst unseating his unfortunate foxes from his back and dumping them unceremoniously into a snow drift. For what felt like the longest minute he stood there, silent, staring at the unicorn filly in shock before slowly, bit by bit, he gingerly began to pull himself together. All the while he ignored the pair of beady black eyes that indignantly stared at him, lumps of cold snow sticking to their fur, plotting their intricate revenge already. Even as Sacre rustled up a rueful smile, he didn't quite manage to answer the child's question to his identity, when this time there was another voice, a familiar one and one Sacre managed to contain himself over. Glacia.

The fox-boy had met Glacia quite a few times now and all the while he still knew next to nothing about her, other than that she was a healer and he considered her a friend. "Ahhhhhh yes sorry I am Sacre, it is me... do I smell that bad?" he fumbled out his words on the back of his boyish laugh, trying to banish any awkwardness he might have caused by his rather flamboyant antics earlier and return to his usual buoyant self. The young unicorn, who he could vaguely see had a patched coat through the veil of the night, was a complete stranger to him. Where on earth had she come from? However, before he asked any questions, he could dimly hear the wolves Glacia mentioned in the background, howling away at the moon and Sacre nodded his agreement with Glacia. "I do not think they will venture here and even less so the more there are of us" he gave his compliance with the Nurse. 

Shaking off the clumps of snow, their eyes still hard as steel, Inari and Ríona begrudgingly began to investigate their new company, annoyance inevitably making way for curiosity that always guided their small button noses. "Who are you? Where did you come from?" Sacre asked the yearling who had frightened the life out of him earlier, wondering briefly if perhaps she had been following him all this time and pondering where she had come from. "I didn't expect you to suddenly appear" he wobbled a laugh as a way of apology for his earlier heart attack before turning his attention to the Nurse "and you, what are you doing here?" he smiled at Glacia, pondering for what reason could coincidence have to place them all together here on this chilly night, in the middle of the Steppe, listening to wolves nostalgically howl their stories to the sky above.

sorry he's a mess :T 
now I'm reaching out to you with every note I sing
and I hope it gets to you on some pacific wind

image credits

@Bathsheba

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
The Mountain Smoked Beneath the Moon - by Sacre - 01-16-2017, 10:09 AM
RE: The Mountain Smoked Beneath the Moon - by Sacre - 01-19-2017, 08:19 PM