the Rift

[OPEN] pirate pride [collecting/clearing]

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd

The bearded viking had been hoping to see the white-winged angel again. He had not seen her since the day that he'd left her tipsy on the beach, she leading him towards the oasis, drunk on his foreignness and the never-ending rum that sloshed in his flask. But he had not seen her - not at the gathering that Kisamoa had called, and not at any of the small couplings that had formed after. His disappointment was mild, however. It didn't do for immortals to dwell too long on any one thing. The first few decades of his life had taught him that. You would think that with an abundance of time one such as Tarik would have all the time in the world to dedicate to any number of small, mundane tasks. But it wasn't so.

Today, Tarik stood with his hooves in the salty spray. He was wondering why his immortality had stayed with him, and yet his ability to transform had done. He'd been forced to use the Dragon's Throat bridge to move from the island to the mainland, despite his previous ability to transform himself into a shark. The thought was annoying and perplexing, but again, Tarik did not dwell on it for long.

Taking a long drink from his ornate silver flask, he turned his sea-blue gaze towards a man who might have been some fledging branch on his own family tree. Both men were large, both chimeric, bearded, dreadlocked, tattooed and scarred.

"You know if you were to call and ask for help, I'm sure it would arrive." Tarik offered. His voice was like a dirge; playful and melodic. His eyes held the twinkle of one who was happily tipsy, and his accent was northern, nordic, but pleasant. Though he was a rather grim and haggard looking figure, today, Tarik looked relatively approachable. The viking's sea-washed gaze fell over Bartholomeo with something like mild curiosity that lacked interest or surprise.

"I have found the inhabitants of this land very helpful in that regard." He concluded, taking another long drink from his flask, before offering it towards the stag.

[We'll just go ahead and ignore the impossibility of a horse offering another horse a flask ;) ]
@Bartholomeo

tarik
There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west, 
and my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen
rings of smoke through the trees, and the voices of those who standing looking. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-18-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-18-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-18-2017, 06:03 PM
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-21-2017, 08:16 PM