the Rift

[OPEN] pirate pride [collecting/clearing]

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd

"Then perhaps that man is not quite so clever." Tarik replies, and despite the fact that his words have the form of an insult, his eyes continue to sparkle with a good-natured humour, and the curve and tone of his words are full of mirth.

It is not necessarily in or out of Tarik's nature to be generous, but with a flask that had the good sense to keep itself always filled, it was rather easy. As his fellow sea-soul drank and did not sputter, Tarik grinned. A man after his own heart indeed. Alcohol seemed to be in short supply around Helovia, and Tarik had not yet decided if that was a situation he would set his sights on rectifying or not. It seemed like an awful lot of work, but of course, he had nothing better to do. That, and he couldn't possibly be expected to share all the time. He was a viking after all.

"I am glad that you like it." Tarik said, taking the flask back from Bart, pausing as if considering something, and then taking another swig before replacing the cork with a smile. "This vintage ... shall we say, is no longer around. But it is as good as the day it was bottled." With an appreciative smile towards the bottle, Tarik turned his sea-speckled gaze back to his counterpart.

"I am Tarik, and you are correct. My ship capsized on some hidden rocks, and myself and two others were stranded here." Tarik looked around the nearly-deserted beach, offering a shrug of his tattoo'd shoulder. "I come from the northern isles, originally. Though whether they still exist now, I do not know." Details were always so difficult as an immortal. In all honesty, Tarik couldn't recall the last time he'd been to his homeland. Had it been decades? Centuries? There was no real way to tell. Perhaps if he found some of his kin in Helovia, he could get a better handle on the dates.

"But it seems I am not the only one to wash up on Helovia's shores. Though my arrival did not come with an order to clean the beaches." Again Tarik's eyes swept the shores, particularly the brambles Bart had been previously working on. He raised a skeptical brow. "Tell me Bartholomeo not-from-Helovia. Why are you helping this sea-man with this tasks?"

@Bartholomeo

tarik
There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west, 
and my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen
rings of smoke through the trees, and the voices of those who standing looking. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-18-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-18-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-18-2017, 06:03 PM
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-21-2017, 08:16 PM