the Rift

[OPEN] pirate pride [collecting/clearing]

Tarik Posts: 32
Dragon's Throat Stallion
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: 7 (immortal)
Odd

Tarik could not - nor did he bother to - hide the grimace that spread across his handsome mug at the mention of edible sea urchins. "Ugh." He grumbled under his breath, shaking his head ever so slightly as he imaged what that sensation might be like.

Tarik grunted in response to the man's second comment. As an immortal, Tarik had spent his fair share of time being a hoarder. He'd seen endless troves of gold, held incalculably precious swords and daggers, and been wealthy beyond the imagination of most. But so what? He'd come by his wealth honestly, and then, in what he liked to think of as 'other lives' (for it was easier to segment his life that way), he'd stolen it. He'd won and he'd lost, and in the end, it didn't really matter.

Vagabounds just outside of Helovia...Now that was certainly interesting. Tarik had always found the circumstances of his ship's crash ... well, more than a little strange. He'd been a captain for decades, and never had rocks so badly surprised him and caused so much damage. Had it been an ambush, like the one this man spoke of? But had something gone wrong on their end, such that they managed to sink Tarik's ship, but not assault those who survived the crash? With a nod of his head, the viking stored that bit of information away, mentally reminding himself to tell Ralik about it whenever he saw him next.

"If you do intend on tracking them down, I would be glad to assist you. I wonder now if these men of whom you speak might have played some part in the wreck of my ship.." Something dangerous and amused glistened in Tarik's eyes, as if he already knew the ending to this story. Perhaps he'd already lived one like it.

As the subject turned to Tarik and why his stay in Helovia had lasted as long as it had, the man merely shrugged his tattoo'd shoulder. "I believe that I have kin here ... but it has been so long ... I am not sure. So I am here to look and see." He paused, and then a devilish grin spread across his face. "When we first arrived, we were greeted by the most beautiful women, who took us home with them to their Dragon's Throat. Beaches, sun, warrior women, and an abundance of alcohol. And so perhaps I will not be too quick in my search for family, eh?" Tarik winked, and took another drink from his flask.

@Bartholomeo

tarik
There's a feeling I get, when I look to the west, 
and my spirit is crying for leaving. In my thoughts I have seen
rings of smoke through the trees, and the voices of those who standing looking. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-18-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-18-2017, 02:03 PM
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-18-2017, 06:03 PM
RE: pirate pride [collecting/clearing] - by Tarik - 01-21-2017, 08:16 PM