the Rift

Homeward bound(all are welcome)

Glacia Posts: 111
Aurora Basin Medic atk: 4.0 | def: 8.0 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 4 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Name :: Snowy Owl :: None Nessie
Glacia

My idea of trying to get more involved was going to the threshold to pick up any new or old and weary wanderers. Many who I had encountered where just coming through the threshold for their very first times, and where often lost, confused, or bickering betwixt themselves. Like the group of crude men and a bitchy whore. But on occasion there where life forms like myself. Who had left to escape the terrors, the memories, or simply for adventure, and had finally wound their way home. Yes, sometimes they returned.

Little did I know that today I would be meeting a mare who was returning, just as I had during Frostfall.

I didn't really expect to find anyone, this time of the night, but then again, who said all travelers arrived in the day? I had traveled during the night plenty a time, to avoid the sweltering heat of the blazing sun. And lately my habits had taken to wandering in the night anyway, to escape the dreams that still haunted my plagued mind.

As I moved through the thick foliage, I catch sight of a clearing, and relief rushes through me. I could take a short break from pushing through bush and stick. My thick body forcing it's way into the clearing, quite suddenly bursting into the moonlight. What I hadn't noticed was that the clearing was already... Taken.

"Oh!" A long neck and head shooting straight up, and feet coming to an abrupt halt, only to slide slightly in the birdsongs still soft pliable ground, giving my a gangly un-cumbersome and clumsy look. The leaves and sticks in my mane and tail didn't help at all. "I'm so sorry! I hadn't realized that this clearing was taken. Ah, I hope I didn't startle you!" A shaky laugh escaped my lips, but my eyes roved the Pegasus mare, because beneath the girlish clutz like appearance lay a cautious creature, one who had experienced the unfairness of the world, and even mental torture of her own device and at the hooves of others. Not to mention, the stoic warrior mother, always chiding at me that I trusted to easily. Thinking of Ayla and her gushing throat so long ago, maybe that was where trusting brought you. Remembering my manners, I straighten. "Since I have stumbled upon you, I might as well introduce myself. I'm Glacia, Of the Worlds Edge. Is there anything I might be able to assist you with? Maybe shelter to rest? Or even a home?"
"Talk."

@Parelia

image | bckg

Messages In This Thread
Homeward bound(all are welcome) - by Parelia - 01-19-2017, 11:08 PM
RE: Homeward bound(all are welcome) - by Glacia - 01-20-2017, 05:14 PM
RE: Homeward bound(all are welcome) - by Aaron - 01-21-2017, 12:31 AM
RE: Homeward bound(all are welcome) - by Parelia - 01-23-2017, 02:38 AM
RE: Homeward bound(all are welcome) - by Glacia - 02-05-2017, 05:37 PM
RE: Homeward bound(all are welcome) - by Aaron - 02-07-2017, 11:27 PM