the Rift

[DROP] The Greedy and the Needy [EARTH MAGIC DROP]

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow
volterra
A large colt with tusks asks if the spiders can heat the bronze; before Volterra can oblige and use his limited control over the creatures to send them towards the bronze, all hell breaks loose. Out of the corner of his eye he notices his son suddenly shift into a blue jay, and this display of magic would ordinarily have the man's whole attention; as it is, his focus is very much on the swarm of ants that have decided to attack their assailants, and the cowardly spiders who have upped and left them to it.

He glowers at the arachnids, before his own legs are suddenly lost beneath a moving throng of ants. They climb high and bite through his flesh, causing the stallion to roar and stomp his forehooves with the force of a wrecking ball. Tiny little pinpricks delve through his skin, a canvas of different pains that irritates the leviathan beyond belief. Astarot's bird-voice reaches his ears and his eyes widen at the idea; yes, the ants hadn't liked the heat, so it may work!

It takes every ounce of the beast's concentration as he summons his magic again. He has created large creatures before, but never this many small ones, and the toll on his strength is instantaneous as the ground nearby erupts with about a dozen small fire-spider golems. He instructs a couple of them to scuttle towards him so he can reach down and grab them, then swing them unceremoniously around to try and burn the ants off him.

Although Volterra is not an altruistic man by nature, it seems rather rude to not offer his golems' services to others. So he uses his mind to force the fire-spiders towards every other person that has ants upon them, their stone legs clicking and their rocky pincers flapping menacingly as they advance on the copious amounts of ants. Hopefully their heat will cause them to move from their horse targets or at the very least cease their biting in their haste to flee, whilst also offering the option for the others in the clearing to use them as weapons as Volterra is.

Meanwhile, the spider that Astarot is trying to entice goes willingly towards him, allowing itself to be flung towards the anthill in a shower of stone and flame.

I NEVER FEAR DEATH OR DYING, I ONLY FEAR NEVER TRYING
I AM WHATEVER I AM, ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME NOW

image | coding

Volterra creates more fire-spiders and sends them towards all of the people being attacked to try and scare off the ants with the heat. The one that Astarot tries to fling lets him do so.

Seeking an upgrade to his existing magic:

:: [ Magic: Earth U | Ability to manipulate the ground to create structures that remain attached to the earth ]
:: [ Restrictions | Can make structures up to 20hh in battle, and more at the same time? ]

wishlist

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Greedy and the Needy [EARTH MAGIC DROP] - by Volterra - 01-24-2017, 01:09 PM