the Rift

[OPEN] all that I could ever do;

Mihtal Posts: 26
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 8 years HP: 56.0 | Buff: Novice
Reli
mihtal
all the world is waiting for the sun.
The sound of my name startles me. I had all but forgotten about the other mare’s presence, too easily lost in the black thoughts and wide jaws of my own little world, swallowed into isolation just as the ocean seeks to swallow me now (slowly, steadily, persistently). I close my eyes in a long blink before I turn my head towards Najya’s direction, the motion pulling gently against the length of my wet hair, which fans out over the foamy waves. Her comment about the dangers of swimming the distance brings a tightness to my features. I try to mirror her smile, try to play with the humor of her words rather than dwell too long on the dark, haunting truth of them.

I know that I would never make it across the distance to the desert island. I know that my travel-weary muscles would never be able to withstand the strength of the ocean. I know what would happen to me. But that is the siren’s song to my pitiful ears—morbid and doomed in all of its beauty (it’s promise of escape).

Only caring enough to be half ashamed of the insinuation suggested between us, I turn slowly, dragging my cloven toes along the sea floor as I return to the shoreline. My long hair is heavy once I breach the security of the beach, it’s dripping length outlining the shape of my neck and shoulder before it falls to the ground, trailing among the fine sands. “Fly?” I question the other woman flatly, my interest snagging on that last bit of information. What sort of bridge allows someone to fly?

However, my attention is suddenly distracted when a white blur plunges from the sky, diving into the ocean briefly before emerging again. I cast a quick glance to Najya, but she seems relatively unconcerned with the little creature, so I recover from my initial surprise and take the time to study the thing as it approaches us. A dragon, I muse in silent awe. I have seen a few here and there in Uumalah—mostly sold between merchants—but I’ve never been so close to one before. And this one belongs to Najya!

I watch as the pale dragon—A’mal, the mare calls her—places one of her fish on the sand in front of me. It seems to be a type of friendly offering, but I don’t know what to do with it. “Thank you,” I murmur awkwardly to A’mal, unsure if the dragon is even able to understand me. I stand there for a moment, hesitant and acutely aware of the attention I hold, before I lower my head to the dead fish, and nudge it once with my nose. “Why don’t you enjoy it for me,” I laugh gracelessly, the weight of my body leaning backwards and my ears wilting in my unease. I glance to Najya, wondering if I was supposed to do something else instead.

notes; Haha that's okay! I didn't want to pressure you but I got excited xD
“Speech.”

base | color & coding
  @Najya
please tag Mihtal in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
all that I could ever do; - by Mihtal - 01-20-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: all that I could ever do; - by Najya - 01-24-2017, 11:37 PM
RE: all that I could ever do; - by Mihtal - 01-28-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: all that I could ever do; - by Najya - 02-08-2017, 11:58 PM
RE: all that I could ever do; - by Mihtal - 02-12-2017, 02:22 AM