the Rift

[OPEN] Crooked Smile

Yael Posts: 186
World's Edge Seer atk: 7.5 | def: 11 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.2 :: 39 - appears 8 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zani :: Serval :: None Astor

yael

Winter may have been the ninth circle of hell for the thin-coated Desert-born lady, but at least she didn’t shed to the extent that some of her draftier, hardier herd mates did. Don’t get me wrong, Yael does shed, but it’s all shiny and fine and comes off pretty easily. The Edge, however, is awash in flying fur, the wind amongst the bluffs and in between the trees swirl it all about - constantly. From a distance it might be considered early pollen, but when that shit gets in your mouth and nose and eyes? It’s an entirely different story, and Yael isn’t sure what’s worse - sand or shedding fur.

The little golden pegasus has been around long enough to learn the names of the important ones in the herd, even if she’s never met them. What she doesn’t understand are the nicknames (yes, she thinks of them as nicknames, don’t get your panties in a twist about that part, she’s still learning), and why they have them, and what they all mean.

But nevermind the peculiarities she’s observing, it is finally starting to feel truly warm, and after living in a desert for almost 40 years, Yael is thoroughly enjoying a wooded environment, particularly the way the sun trickles down in between the branches. It’s quiet, for the most part. Peaceful. Until a white clump of fur hits her in the face and leaves her shaking her head, trying to get the itty bitty hairs out of her mouth. She shakes her head this way and that, moving her tongue all around her teeth and spitting whatever she can to the ground. It must be rather comical to see, but when the foreigner looks up, she sees someone… poking their head into a cluster of branches? Her head tilts quizzically to one side, and stays the silent observer until the stranger does it again. How... odd.

Odd enough for Yael to call out to them. “Ahhhh… ekscuse me! Are you alright?” She takes a few energetic steps towards the horned mare, and then asks another question. “Do you need xelp?” She tries to think of what the end goal might be - finding something? Smelling nice? Poking an eye out?  

trust your heart if the seas catch fire

live by love, though the stars walk backwards

Image © littlewillow-art

@Roskuld  I hope it's ok if I join in!

Please only tag in starter posts, or if the thread is getting dusty
Force and magic allowed, no death please

Messages In This Thread
Crooked Smile - by Roskuld - 01-20-2017, 04:23 PM
RE: Crooked Smile - by Yael - 01-25-2017, 02:44 PM
RE: Crooked Smile - by Nitika - 01-25-2017, 10:43 PM
RE: Crooked Smile - by Roskuld - 02-07-2017, 08:54 PM
RE: Crooked Smile - by Yael - 02-09-2017, 07:11 PM