the Rift

[OPEN] on the brightside [gathering/birthing]

Lyanna the Windswept Posts: 313
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 11 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2 :: 5 years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Kyra

let the winds erase me,

like the memory of a kiss

She’s been mostly staying in the Edge during Birdsong, knowing it’s that time of year when she’s needed to check on births and keep on eye on the children. Like clumsy Gawen, who is less clumsy now, but who’s been healed on numerous occasions from plenty of falls. She still remembers the chunk of leg he’d taken out of himself on one particularly nasty fall, the scar that even the Goddesses magic had left behind.

But like nearly everyone else in Helovia, she was out helping Kisamoa. They’d been trying to get the bones back to Kisamoa from the Endless Blue when Lyanna heard the somewhat familiar sound of an elephant trumpeting. Her ears prick immediately, knowing of only one elephant in Helovia. Though there could be more, she assumes it’s likely Mbwene, and soon enough, the little elephant comes thundering into view.

It’s immediately obvious something is wrong. Lyanna gives quick nod to her companions, but nothing more. They know she’s a healer, and certainly Glasgow could explain her sudden departure, because Lyanna is already running with Mbwene as fast as the two of them can get through. This would be the day that there are piles of debris littering the ground.

But soon enough, the familiar form of Tembovu comes into view, Rexanna on the ground at his side. The girl is still on the ground, though she’s moving, which is a good sign. But as Lyanna comes closer, it’s clear the girl isn’t breathing right. “Tembovu, Rexanna,” she says, though it’s not a greeting. “Is there anything you can tell me?” Other than the obvious breathing.

Lyanna doesn’t actually wait for their reply though. She’s already at the little girl’s side as well, her face calm and her eyes kind like always, though she moves in a brisk manner. “Aren’t you beautiful,” she says to the girl by way of greeting, trying to make sure the little girl will let her near enough to try and figure out what’s going on. Trying to make sure the girl doesn’t panic as the wind brings with it the familiar dark mist of the Moon’s healing magic.

She listens for any reply Rexanna and Tembovu make while the mist rolls in, letting the magic do its' job better than she ever could, focusing on the lungs and anywhere else the girl’s parents suggest. When she is done, the mists roll away, and Lyanna can only hope it’s enough to ease whatever problem the girl is facing. In truth, she hopes it’s enough to cure it altogether, but she doubts it. This seems likely to be some sort of defect, though she doesn’t yet know. She just wanted to make sure the girl was breathing better before wasting anymore time.

She turns back to Tembovu and Mbwene, addressing both and asking permission at the same time. “If there are other healers, it might be beneficial to bring them as well?” Because she’s not sure knows enough, not sure she can rely on herbs and magic alone. There’s still so much she needs to learn. Then her attention shifts to Rexanna, asking, “How are you feeling?” There was no outward cause for alarm with Momma, but Lyanna wanted to make sure. Even as she asks though, her gaze keeps flicking back to the filly, trying to see what symptoms, if any, remain.

lyanna

let these waters takes me

Image © Rhiaan

@Tembovu, @Rexanna, and @Safiri - I couldn't resist. I tried to make sure I left room for everyone to be like "I don't like this", but if something came off a pp please let me know and I will edit!

Also other healers are totally welcome - Lyanna would love it. :)

Please tag in all posts
Magic use/power playing is okay, but check before serious injury/death
Image by Kiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: on the brightside [gathering/birthing] - by Lyanna - 01-22-2017, 11:06 AM