the Rift

[PRIVATE] SURVIVING [swp collecting]

Mihtal Posts: 26
Dragon's Throat Mare atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 8 years HP: 56.0 | Buff: Novice
Reli
Not unsurprisingly, I don’t wander very far when the strange sea-creature appears to dismiss us. I thread through the trees, imagining the wooded barriers that grow between me and them, but I don’t travel fast. My hooves shuffle through the underbrush, still half-frozen in the wake of winter, the brittle leaves and twigs crunching unceremoniously beneath the weight of my travel-starved body. I can see the tips of my feet flash into my vision with every step—moving mindlessly, almost seeming to press forward by a will other than my own.

I suppress a sigh, instead breathing in a deep gasp that hitches in my throat. What am I doing? Looking for bones, apparently. Looking for death. I imagine that it wouldn’t be too difficult, too haunted as I am by the memories and wounds that continue to gnaw and grind at every bone and muscle that is me. Every day—every hour, every second—I feel the weight as they breed and multiply. I might as well be a pack animal from the burdens that are chained to my shoulders (if only they could see—what would happen then?). I don’t know that I want to find out.

Suddenly I’m stumbling—

I’m just barely able to catch myself before I crumble completely. My lips pull into a wince as I fall to my knees (I can feel the skin breaking into shallow wounds, and I relish in the pain, drinking it like holy water because—easier to grasp than my psychological injuries—it is my salvation).

A moment or two passes before I right myself again, grunting with the effort. Long lashes flutter over my eyes as the fresh cuts sear for a delicious glimpse of relief, my nostrils flaring, quivering, before I lower my gaze. The rotted, hollow carcass of a log had given out, revealing a trove of yellowed bones beneath. Slowly (numbly, almost) I bring my head down, inspecting the deep, black sockets that stare back at me. “Who were you, once?” I murmur almost unintelligibly, far too comfortable by the sudden face of death that has greeted me. I almost smirk.

So—it has found me.

notes; yay so excited!
“Speech.”
mihtal

image | coding
@Sunjata
please tag Mihtal in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
SURVIVING [swp collecting] - by Mihtal - 01-21-2017, 10:55 PM
RE: SURVIVING [swp collecting] - by Sunjata - 01-22-2017, 12:44 AM
RE: SURVIVING [swp collecting] - by Mihtal - 01-22-2017, 02:09 AM