the Rift

[OPEN] The Dragon's Heart

Saoirse Posts: 55
Dragon's Throat Colt
Colt :: Tribrid :: 16.2 adult :: 3 seasons [Orangemoon]
mar

Saoirse has no idea the stallion nearly tramples him. He cranes his neck back instead, when the feeling of his scraggly beard tickles his rump. A bright and rumbling giggles exits his mouth when he meets their gaze. The boy flicks the dark stallion with his knobby tail in a playful gesture.

Shifting a little to give them space, he ducks his head away when mentions of losing his way are made known. “Oh, maybe…” He stares at the cold earth, and focuses on flattening the snow with his hooves instead to advert his embarrassment.

Would mother be angry, if she found out where he’d gone?

He can’t tell. The boy still worries for her, because she leaves him sometimes without even telling him. How can he possibly wait, idle and loathing for her return?

Saoirse perks up with the stallion’s solution. His pale head shifts up, ears pressing towards the stallion. It doesn’t take much to amuse the boy, but he’s livid and more than pleased that the adult has stepped into his story. Saoirse’s smile is just as bright and beaming as his eyes. A heartier laugh bursts from his chest, and the young boy is more than eager to copy him. “That’s a great idea!”

He bounds forwards, before shifting his weight and rearing as high as he could. “I can see it! I can see the ocean! We’re almost there old and pointy!”

The little heathen’s giggles waver, just as his balance does – shifting uneasily on his hind legs, before touching the crisp ground. And off he went, chasing after the ocean. “Betch’a can’t catch me!” He yells into the forest, bucking out haphazardly with a mad rush of energy.

He tosses his head as he embraces the ocean. The wind cool pricks his skin from the moisture that has collected. From this far down the shore however, the Dragon’s Throat is nearly visible along the horizon.

“I – I see it!”

The boy runs for as long as he can along the beach. Splashing, on and off – as he wove into the shallow waters. His curious eyes reaching back, ensuring Albrecht would follow him.

As he slows with heaving breathes, walking now, his voice breaches out into the muted silence. Filled with the hush of waves, as they pulled the rocks and sands with each pulse.

“I’m Saoirse,” he finally proclaims.

“Ma said it means… it means li-beh-r-teeee? It’s like… like being free. As free as those gulls over there, see?” Filled with bubbling, childish giggles, he lends the air another soft dose.

“Your ma must’a gave you a name too?”

[Time line: Frostfall Yr.8 - after this thread: Winter Maze ]

Image Credits

@Albrecht
@Sabia  
ooc: thought we could move it here. so sorry for the wait ;__;' // Albrecht first please, otherwise open! XO

Messages In This Thread
The Dragon's Heart - by Saoirse - 01-22-2017, 02:14 AM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Albrecht - 02-07-2017, 08:31 AM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Saoirse - 02-17-2017, 04:30 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Ampere - 02-25-2017, 07:21 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Iskra - 02-25-2017, 07:34 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Albrecht - 03-12-2017, 07:20 AM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Saoirse - 03-16-2017, 04:41 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Ampere - 03-18-2017, 07:29 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Iskra - 03-18-2017, 07:41 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Volterra - 03-21-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: The Dragon's Heart - by Albrecht - 04-13-2017, 08:13 AM