the Rift

[OPEN] SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely

Kaos Posts: 37
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: :: Ageless
Admin
Again the monster roared, a sound so powerful and slimy that it made you feel sweaty just hearing it, despite the fact that it had no throat, vocal chords, or lungs to speak of.

"I did warn you..." Kaos said from its unseen position, hidden behind some sort of veil that acted like one way glass. Kaos was clearly apprised of the entire situation, despite remaining completely out of sight.  "But you are free to make your own mistakes. Unlike your Gods, I will never try to control you."

Was there truth in that? Was Kaos trying to subtly make some point, some slight jab towards the status quo of the Helovian Gods? Before too much thought could be given to it, the bone monster was in action.

Roaring again, the monster's tail moved towards Roskuld as a blanket of electricity fell over the creature. Nothing happened. Instead, its tail continued to hurtle towards the demi-god, trying to strike her down. Although Shida's explosion upset the earth beneath the creature and its bones rattled upwards as if it was standing on a waterbed, again there was no discernible difference. Unsurprisingly, Lena's flames had no effect either.

As Oiyz's childish but confident voice reached the monster, it turned towards her, snapping its teeth.

"Oh dear.." Said a slightly disappointed and almost weary sounding Kaos, as if talking to a plaintive child.  "I did warn you..."

The bone-monster lunged. Despite the attacks of the others having no noticeable effect on it, it seemed angrier now, perhaps annoyed at their attempts to wound it. As it stretched its long, boned neck towards the unicorn filly, its teeth instead found the hardened and muscular body of the girl's warrior mother. No matter. It wanted to crunch something between its teeth, and this larger body was even nicer than the one it had been aiming for.

Teeth ground towards one another as the creature tried to bite Nyx more or less in half. But without muscles and ligaments, it was unclear how much jaw strength it actually had. Shaking its head like some sort of massive canine, it deposited Nyx's body on the ground, curling its tail protectively around her as if to ward off the Helovia's who might try to steal its meal.

Kaos made a clicking sound repeatedly under his tongue; a sound of disappointment.  "Come now. This is a creature made of magic and bones. There's no hurting or destroying it. As for me, I am not of this world. Your Gods and your magic have no hold on me. Leave this place, and when I am ready, I shall tell you of my plans for Helovia. You are tethered to a system of tyranny and don't even see your chains. But all of that will soon be rectified."

OH NO NYX.

Image by BLU!

Messages In This Thread
RE: SWP :: The beginning of something new entirely - by Kaos - 01-22-2017, 02:41 PM