the Rift

[OPEN] For everything there is a season.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

for everything there is a season

Since the death of his son, the Earth God's heart had never been so heavy. Pride was not a sin that affected the rustic deity, and so the fact that Kaos has been parading about under the banner of the Earth's approval and order did not bother him. What did bother him in a way that was nearly impossible to articulate, for it ran so deeply within his soul, was that he hadn't even known about it. Only briefly did the God consider blaming his daughter for this. She had known about Kisamoa, but had said nothing. Despite her role in Helovia, the God could not bring himself to absolve any of his own blame by shifting it to her.

He should have seen this, but he didn't.

He and his kin had once abandoned the Veins for they realized that they had become too invested in the lives of those who lived within Helovia, that they lost sight and objectivity of their role as creators and sustainers of the world. So they had pulled back.

Slowly, they allowed themselves to return, fancying themselves somehow older and wiser for their time away. But were they? The God shook his bearded head. Apparently not. He knew more about which foals had been born within his borders than about the mad god running about. It would wound his soul more than it already had been, to do what he knew needed to be done, but there was no escaping this.

His siblings would understand, and hopefully with time, those who dwelt within the Hidden Falls would as well.

"Hidden Falls..." The God's voice was like a whisper, but each word was carried by every tree, leaf, and blade of grass to all within his borders. "Hear me now..." Time was of the essence. He didn't necessarily have time to wait for them to come to him, and so the magical amplification of his voice continued.

"Kaos has returned to Helovia. The four gods that were killed during the Rift Wars have some how .. joined together, and go under the guise of this new name and new face. But they are the same deadly threat that they posed to us and to the lands that they ruled over beyond the Rift. I-" The God paused, drowned in shade and sunlight and somehow unable to speak. Taking a breath and closing his eyes, he forced himself to continue. "I have become too invested, and have been spread too thin. I have not been here for you and did not notice the signs of evil, no matter how obvious they were. I cannot, in good faith, allow my selfishness and love for you and these lands to continue to distract me."

The God took a deep breath, and exhaled. As he did so, the magic that he imbued into the Hidden Falls, slowly disappeared. 

"I can no longer allow you to live here, knowing that I cannot be here for you. I have failed Helovia, and I have failed you. Know that I do not leave you lightly. I go to protect and serve us all, and though my heart wishes to remain here with you, I cannot."

In the center of the Hidden Falls, a spring emerged and bubbled. Over the next few days, it would connect with many of the tributaries and waterfalls within the land, but only here, where it was pure and coming from an unseen source in the earth, would his magic remain. 

The Hidden Falls is no longer a herd land! We realize that this may come as a shock and surprise to you, but we hope you'll see this as the fantastic plot-device that we do! It's no secret that the HF has always been hard to keep active, and we've heard over and over again from the members of Helovia, that you want to spice some things up. We think having only three herds will allow for some interesting plot development, and will finally break the curse that's always been over the poor HF ;)

This land will now be a regular posting board!

The Earth God has created a spring in the center of the HF which has healing properties! It can only heal things that a normal healer would be able to heal (so no healing cancer or magically fixing bones or anything). 

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
For everything there is a season. - by God of the Earth - 01-22-2017, 12:02 PM
RE: For everything there is a season. - by Areli - 01-22-2017, 02:59 PM
RE: For everything there is a season. - by Isopia - 01-22-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: For everything there is a season. - by Aquila - 01-22-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: For everything there is a season. - by Syrena - 01-22-2017, 08:11 PM
RE: For everything there is a season. - by Areli - 01-26-2017, 12:34 PM