the Rift

[OPEN] For everything there is a season.

Areli Posts: 82
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 10 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 hh :: 3 (Birdsong) HP: 65.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bee :: Grey Wolf :: None Shady
Areli
the flower that smells the sweetest is shy and lowly

Through the haze of grief and panic, she saw others approaching, but their voices sounded like buzzing in the back of her skull, facts barely registered. She knew none of them anyway, no one who arrived gave her a side to rush to or a hint of familiarity to grasp in her heart’s hot little hands. She watched numbly as a boy approached with a dog of his own, but did not turn as he spoke to her. Parelia would have chastised her for this lack of manners, but what did it matter? Her mother was gone. Her father was gone. And now her home had succumbed to this black hole of loss too, crumbling away before her eyes at the very moment that she had arrived on its doorstep. Would pleasantries really serve to make any of it better?

Areli was vaguely surprised that the boy chose to address her, asking what they would do. She hardly knew. Go back to the Throat, she supposed, and live with Ilios—though a part of her cringed at the thought of knocking again at the Dragon’s door when she had just denied Volterra’s offer of a home there. How foolish she must seem! But then, she had only wanted to come here. How was she to know that it would not be waiting for her when she returned?

“I don’t know,” she finally replied, voice low and heavy with emotion.
“I…I suppose I’ll find my brother. He’s all I’ve got left now.” And then, just for old time’s sake, or perhaps to honor the memory of the mother whom she’d surely never see again, the best and most polite woman in the world, she said,
“I’m Areli, formerly—“ here, she choked on the word,
“—of the Hidden Falls. Who are you?”

"speech"
Image Credits || original coding by Tamme; tweaked by Shady || quote by William Wordsworth

@Brendan
[Image: areli_by_moonstone_designs-d9dgh47.png]
Icon base: Bronzehalo
Please do not tag Areli except in opening posts!

Messages In This Thread
RE: For everything there is a season. - by Areli - 01-22-2017, 02:59 PM
RE: For everything there is a season. - by Isopia - 01-22-2017, 03:05 PM
RE: For everything there is a season. - by Aquila - 01-22-2017, 07:48 PM
RE: For everything there is a season. - by Syrena - 01-22-2017, 08:11 PM
RE: For everything there is a season. - by Areli - 01-26-2017, 12:34 PM