the Rift

[PRIVATE] May I Speak To Your Manager

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers
Roskuld & Zchiraxicon
Where there's no Law tying my heart from the start..

This has been long in coming. I’d felt some type of way about being born in godsblood; about having a Ma that was used to bring forth my life, a life that was bound to a duty the moment it was conceived in my mother’s womb. There were grudges and worries and blood and sweat and tears and there were others who were born like me, born to protect our home from the threat of our own parents. And we held our duties at different standards in different ways, and sometimes I sneered and growled at them because of it--because we were different and we were free to be different in the same type of prison.

All this was based on our parents--our Pa’s and our Ma, born and bred in the deep magic of their realm, a realm that we trusted them to watch over, to protect just as we were charged to protect ours. And I guess we just assumed that they could handle that, and it was the mortal realm that they were doomed to fuck up, simply because they were too powerful, too impersonal to really feel any kind of empathy for the peoples they created. That was our job.

And apparently our job descriptions kept getting longer, and longer, and longer.

Drolgatha. The Rift Gods. He Is Kaos. My sergeant and someone’s Ma was down because someone dropped the ball, and we had to figure out who.The bullshit tally was getting longer and longer, and now it was time to discuss it.

My cheeks were still wet with anger and heartbreak, and Chico rode on my back, brittle and bruised, but mending. From deep within me I gave a fierce whinny, a loud cry to gather my...my cousins on godsblood. Ugh, I hated thinking about it like that, but I couldn’t ignore our shared responsibility like this anymore. As I called, a long arc of white-hot lightning surged from my mouth, blasting into the sky to create a column that lanced through the darkening Birdsong clouds.

A storm was coming, and we had to plan for it.
"talk"

image credits

Obvs set after Kaos' reveal and the disbanding of the Hidden Falls!

@Isopia
@Aithniel
@Mesec

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
May I Speak To Your Manager - by Roskuld - 01-22-2017, 03:35 PM
RE: May I Speak To Your Manager - by Isopia - 01-22-2017, 04:12 PM
RE: May I Speak To Your Manager - by Mesec - 01-22-2017, 04:31 PM