Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3HH :: Four
Daisy
L
A
I
R
E

Of course she'd been tall. Leggy. Thin. The small blonde scowled to herself, munching furiously on a lovely tuft of fresh spring grass. She wasn't going to let good food go to waste just because some idiots liked skin and bones. Laire wasn't meant to look like that! If she carried so little weight the wind would pick her up and blow her away, what with her being so short. No, she wasn't going to be down on herself just because of him. She could do so much better- she was sure this Helovia place would have even more handsomerer (yes, that was a word, thank you) men about. Not that she needed a man quite yet. She needed friends first. Maybe a man then, if she reaaally felt the need. The palomino snorted to herself, struggling for the second time today to hold back tears.

Damn him. Was there any real need to lead her on for so long if he was just going to go walkabouts the second she turned her back? She pouted slightly, her black, velvety muzzle wrinkling. He hadn't even begged for forgiveness or anything of the sort. That was what really hurt her ego- the fact he'd said it wasn't a big deal, like they weren't even monogamous in the first place. Maybe they hadn't been, and she'd just been following him blindly like she usually did. She had just been a travelling companion to him- a convenient place to put his thingy. The mare shuddered at her own stupidity.

Laire wasn't sure how long she'd been going now, but she was hoping her journey was coming to its end. She was fairly sure she wasn't lost. Walk along the ridgeline till you come to a big tree, walk north till you find a small pond swamped with willow trees, then continue Southwest till you found yourself in the midst of the Threshold. As the scenery changed slowly to forest, she felt she was making her way into the depths of it. Laire she continued along with her small, sure strides, shuddering as she felt a queer sensation pass over her, stomach tightening slightly. That seemed like proof she had indeed found Helovia, and the odd feeling dissipated, only to be replaced by nervous excitement. The petite mare took a deep breath and was overwhelmed by the enormous amount of scents on the air- horses of every kind, from the strange winged ones she'd hardly seen, to horned ones like herself, to ones not gifted with either... Or perhaps both.

Young and joyful, she could not help but let out a small whinny, encouraging strangers to come to meet her. It did not cross her mind for a second that someone might be out to hurt her. No, she was just looking forward to some company at long last.

notes:: Laire is pronounced lear (like pear)- ee (like tree)
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
So I was lost, go count the cost - by laire - 01-22-2017, 04:18 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by Ráeru - 01-25-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by laire - 01-26-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by Ráeru - 01-29-2017, 07:05 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by laire - 02-02-2017, 08:05 PM