Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 13.3HH :: Four
Daisy
L
A
I
R
E

Uncomfortable in the silence, and more then willing to fill it, the palomino noted the other mares eyes falling onto her side. She felt she couldn't speak up, however, not really being able to give an explanation. The marking was an anomaly for sure. Among her herd it definitely wasn't unheard of, so she never had really paid it much attention. As far as she could make out it was just a intricate circular pattern with no deeper meaning. Just something to make her more unique- much like the mares hooves. Although, if she was being honest, Laire thought they were perhaps a tad more extraordinary. She fought not to stare for too long- this lady was still a stranger.

It wasn't very often she met new people, and perhaps that's why her exuberance was so overwhelming. She would never hesitate to ask a question, or say something, or yell out a greeting, amongst her herd. It made her feel quite homesick, being so unsure. It was difficult trying to stop herself from speaking. All she wanted to do was talk, but it was becomingly blatantly obvious to even Laire that this mare wasn't the talkative kind. She wasn't sure what kind she was- not cruel, or mean, just quiet and a bit withdrawn. It was just the smallest bit unsettling. The golden mare simply nodded at the pale horses comment, biting her tongue against all the things she could otherwise say.

Ráeru had clearly noticed her staring which made the petite girl want to drop her head in shame. It seemed she had perhaps offended her companion, or perhaps she was just awfully use to speculation. "I meant no offense. They are beautiful." She murmured, eyes downcast and set on her own (much less interesting) hooves. Laire couldn't help but bring her heather gaze back to the mare, giving her a sweet smile. She was nice, this women, even if she tried to hide it, or it was buried underneath. She seemed quite old- mysterious, even as the pony guessed her about the same age. Wise, perhaps. Whatever it was, Laire decided then and there she liked her.

She giggled slightly at Ráeru's question, shaking her dainty head. "Kind as that is, I'd prefer to not know his whereabouts, nor who he actually is." Laire shrugged her narrow shoulders, pushing aside the unpleasant feelings the conversation produced. No, she was adamant that she was excited about the future, and therefore would leave the past exactly where it was. There was no way in hell she would go looking for it, even if her bleeding heart wanted her to. For now, she'd keep her mind on finding a new herd, finding new friends- with perhaps the Edge as a starting point. The mare listened to her companion's slow words, wishing for more description, but biting her tongue to stop herself from asking. Welcoming sounded like a good start, however.

"It sounds wonderful." She murmured, trying not to be frustrated by the lack of new information. However, that feeling fled as soon as her new friend made her next offer. "Wow, you'd do that? Yes please!" The exuberance returned to her voice and her eyes were alight with excitement. What an adventure. She was doing just fine by herself.

notes:: @Ráeru We can leave it at this and I'll start a thread in the Edge and tag you in it?
Image Credit

Messages In This Thread
So I was lost, go count the cost - by laire - 01-22-2017, 04:18 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by Ráeru - 01-25-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by laire - 01-26-2017, 02:11 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by Ráeru - 01-29-2017, 07:05 PM
RE: So I was lost, go count the cost - by laire - 02-02-2017, 08:05 PM