the Rift

[PRIVATE] Come here often?

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia

When the water spills, the glass will break
It drips like tears, running up your face

Like Mbwene, it was Hubris who noticed the approaching duo first. Instead of saying a name, the dragon instead pulsed thoughts of mist and cliffs, and the raging elephant that had threatened to tear her apart. Despite these memories and the recognition that they created, Isopia felt no anger or surprise even. She'd been wondering when she would bump into Tembovu again. Given how long it had taken for the two giants to meet in the first place, Isopia assumed that they would meet again fairly shortly after their first encounter, if only to balance the scales slightly.

The demigoddess turned, slightly-slanted golden eyes appraising the massive king as he moved towards her. She noted that he was almost graceful as he walked, though perhaps that was because his movements previously had been punctuated by duty and kingly-obligation.

"Elephant King." She returned, pleased mildly that he was using her self-proclaimed moniker, rather than the name her father had simply shouted for all to hear. It immediately lulled her into some false sense of peace, or camaraderie perhaps, for better or worse. Hubris trilled a happy and bright yellow to the smaller elephant, dropping the flower he'd been holding and turning immediately to gaze upon her. She'd seemed slightly crossed during the battle between their two bonded's, but the dragon assumed that had more to do with context and the circumstances of the fight, than anything that he might have specifically done. More than ready to let bygones by bygones, he grinned a toothy grin and waved towards her, sea-blue eyes sparkling happily. As she neared, profering the flower, Hubris' smile bloomed like the flower she was currently holding. Though as an angry sounded trumpeted from her, Hubris recoiled slightly - defensively - before peering forward with an anxious and worried gaze. He looked at the flower, wondering if there had been a bee or something similiar within its petals, which is when he saw the thorn. The dragon's eyes moved up Mbwene's trunk, trying to find her gaze to offer a reassuring one of his own. Gently, he reached a clawed hand forward, clacking his nailed together almost like tweezers, as if to indicate his intent. Trying to be as dexterous as possible, Hubris grabbed the thorn, and gently pulled.

Meanwhile, Isopia listened carefully for a hint of malice, or I-told-you-so, in the King's voice. He more or less implied that she didn't know what to do as a ruler, and now here she was without a thrown. However she heard none. Even though she did not have a particularly good ear for subliminal conversational cues, she trusted herself to know that he did not seem as though he was rubbing her Father's recent failures in her face.

Failures, which by by extension, likely were also her own to bear.

"I'm not sure it suits me. I have never lived outside of a herd before. Perhaps it just takes some getting used to...?" Her voice trailed off, indicating that she wasn't entirely sure of the truth of this claim, nor whether or not she believed it.
"Living in the lands lorded over by my Father always felt ... like nepotism, but in the worst way; without any benefits and with all the obligations. I'm sure others did not see it that way, but it seemed like it to me. Living free from his oppressive shadow might do me good, even if it means being homeless."

The word homeless dropped off her tongue like a stone, pulled down by a weight and bitterness that she hadn't anticipated or intended. She had been born into this world because of him. She'd been placed into numerous positions of authority she hadn't wanted because of him. And now she was homeless, because of him.

Image by Tamme!

@Tembovu

Messages In This Thread
Come here often? - by Isopia - 01-22-2017, 08:56 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Tembovu - 01-22-2017, 10:52 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Isopia - 01-22-2017, 11:37 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Tembovu - 01-23-2017, 12:34 AM
RE: Come here often? - by Isopia - 01-23-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: Come here often? - by Tembovu - 02-05-2017, 03:00 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Isopia - 02-06-2017, 02:25 PM