the Rift

[PRIVATE] Come here often?

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd

Isopia

When the water spills, the glass will break
It drips like tears, running up your face

Hubris' jaws open, agape with surprise and delight, as he is painted on. Rarely does he get to interact with others around him, for Isopia's interactions with them are usually brief and almost never friendly. That he has had this long to enjoy the small elephant's company is amazing enough in itself. That she would give him this gift - this living painting upon his body - almost reduces him to tears of joy. He has nothing with which to reciprocate, but he embeds the idea in his mind, and vows that should inspiration ever strike, he will repay Mbwene for her affections. When she is finished, Hubris tilts his wing out so that he will not smear her drawing, and moves to embrace her. She is larger than he is of course, and so he tries to wrap his arms around one of her large forelegs, careful to keep his wing well out of the way. He trills something into her ashen skin, and although their languages are far too different for her to understand him, the sound is universe in its loving and appreciative quality.

Perhaps it is better to find a solution than to place the blame. Isopia considers this silently, nodding her head in agreement. She'd never thought of it in that way before - her mind has always been focused on finding answers. Solutions always seemed irrelevant when it came to the truth. But perhaps she could learn something from Tembovu's pragmatism.

His question makes her bob her head once again, and internally she is somewhat surprised to know that he does not know this part of the Moon's past. "She killed my brother, Hototo, the Earth's first child. If it weren't for that, I would have never been conceived. My life is as much of a result as her, as it is my Father." Her words are simple, but clipped. She knows she's supposed to be less cold when speaking of family - that's just how these things go - and yet she just can't seem to make her tongue say the words with the appropriate emotional inflection. She does think of her life as merely cause and effect and feels almost nothing for her parents, the way that a child should.

Tembovu mentions being a leader, in the context of others not liking you, and Isopia briefly wonders if perhaps now that she is not a lead and no longer living in the land occupied by her father, if the tolerance of others will slip even farther with regards to her odd behaviour. It doesn't necessarily bother her that this might be the case, but she prepares herself for it to be so nonetheless.

"I accept your offer, King." She says finally, using his title as her way of recognizing his positional authority over her now. Isopia is more than aware that her political power is gone, and that the structure of the Edge is different from that of the (former) Falls. Then, as Hubris looked up and trilled at her, she added, "Thank you."

I AM JUST AN EAGER BEAVER THAT IS ALL. I WILL POST :D :D

@Tembovu

Image by Tamme!

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Come here often? - by Isopia - 01-22-2017, 08:56 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Tembovu - 01-22-2017, 10:52 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Isopia - 01-22-2017, 11:37 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Tembovu - 01-23-2017, 12:34 AM
RE: Come here often? - by Isopia - 01-23-2017, 10:49 AM
RE: Come here often? - by Tembovu - 02-05-2017, 03:00 PM
RE: Come here often? - by Isopia - 02-06-2017, 02:25 PM