the Rift

[OPEN] The Lunar Pull

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
the GoldenShade
It was hard not to be sad and disappointed as we left the Falls behind. I had wanted to do better by everyone, to be a great leader, but I had failed them and I had failed the Earth God and now there was nothing left of the entire herd. I had suggested going back to the Throat, but when Dragomir balked at the idea I hadn't pushed it, but that was mostly because I was hesitant to go back, myself. As far as I knew everything was different since Gaucho died. And, well, I didn't want to go crawling back because I had failed.

So when Dragomir suggested the World's Edge I didn't argue against it. I had been to the Edge several times before, the most recent being when Isopia challenged Alysanne for the bags stolen from Cowboy. It had been a point of contention between our two herds, but I did hope they would be welcoming when we showed up on their borders.

Letha, bless her heart, seemed totally oblivious to everything that was happening around us and for that I was glad. I wanted my daughter to be happy and playful and not have to worry about the things adults did. Even with my own sadness and worries, I managed to keep a smile on my face when she was near and play when she requested it. I trusted Dragomir wholly and completely, so I let him lead the way while I danced along with my daughter -- until we reached the Edge's border. I remembered it from a time long past, when there weren't spikes, but a beautiful wall...

"This is where we first met." I mused, my head turning to Drago. "Do you remember?"

There wasn't much time for us to stand there and reminisce over how we had met and how long ago it had been. Two mares arrived who greeted us pleasantly, then a third arrived in a less than friendly fashion. Letha's fearful bleat made my ears fall back and I dipped my head to give her a reassuring look as she hid beneath Dragomir. When she seemed calm enough I lifted my head and looked at the mare who had caused my child's distress. "Do you make a habit of frightening children?" My voice was cold as I spoke my question, but I had found the action to be completely ridiculous. As if we would be up to no good with a baby in tow. I snorted then looked at the two mares who had been polite. Dragomir had already introduced me and stated our purpose so I nodded to them. "Nice to meet you both."

"."

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
The Lunar Pull - by Dragomir - 01-23-2017, 01:31 PM
RE: The Lunar Pull - by Yael - 01-29-2017, 07:49 PM
RE: The Lunar Pull - by Lyanna - 01-30-2017, 09:44 AM
RE: The Lunar Pull - by Nitika - 01-30-2017, 11:27 AM
RE: The Lunar Pull - by Letha - 02-03-2017, 09:31 PM
RE: The Lunar Pull - by Dragomir - 02-07-2017, 11:59 AM
RE: The Lunar Pull - by Ranjiri - 02-07-2017, 02:04 PM
RE: The Lunar Pull - by Yael - 02-07-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: The Lunar Pull - by Roskuld - 02-07-2017, 09:22 PM