the Rift

[OPEN] i ain't afraid of no ghosts

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
IF IT FEELS GOOD, TASTES GOOD, IT MUST BE MINE
HEROES ALWAYS GET REMEMBERED BUT YOU KNOW LEGENDS NEVER DIE

It's Vadir who first spots the trespasser, who alerts her bonded and sends him galloping through the Throat's chilly dawn air, limbs thundering against the ground like the impending rumbles of an earthquake. He is in battle mode immediately; muscles flexing, hulking hindquarters bunching and propelling himself forwards, both dragons by his side and eyes searching for the intruder. He is the Gladiator, and the herd's first line of protection lies squarely on his broad shoulders.

Sand sprays in a dusty cloud as the Indomitable slams on his brakes and skids to a halt in front of the winged newcomer. Sweat makes his black flesh twinkle, his thick muscles roiling and bulking as his breathing regulates itself from his run. With a hiss, Vadir lands heavily on his back, her scales gleaming beautifully in the dawn sunlight. Vérzés, having missed out on the prime spot on his bonded's back, contents himself with circling the duo like a crimson bodyguard.

The leviathan finally allows himself to observe the stranger. It is a winged mare, boyish and well-built; it is only Volterra's professionalism and urge to protect his herd that prevents the stallion inside from launching his gaze across her. No, he must assess her as a potential danger, not a potential screw, and he does so quickly and coldly; large wings, lightning markings and a sizzling of static around her, hints of good breeding. "You are bold, to fly directly into the Dragon's Throat," he rumbles, his voice the deep baritone that quite matches his size and hulking presence. He allows himself to relax slightly, realising that he may have been hasty in assuming she is here to attack. She could be here to join, and simply doesn't know the etiquette of not flying right in - it is only the warlord in Volterra that naturally jumped to the initial conclusion.

He schools his handsome face into neutrality. "Might I ask what brings you here?"

image credits

@Azulee

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 01-30-2017, 02:13 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-01-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-04-2017, 04:45 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-05-2017, 06:04 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-05-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-06-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-09-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-11-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 03-16-2017, 01:58 AM