the Rift

[OPEN] i ain't afraid of no ghosts

Volterra the Indomitable Posts: 785
Dragon's Throat Sultan atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17'2hh :: 3 HP: 80 | Buff: SENSE
Vérzés :: Common Red Dragon :: Frost Breath & Toxic Breath & Vadir :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath & Shock Breath Snow

V O L T E R R A
IF IT FEELS GOOD, TASTES GOOD, IT MUST BE MINE
HEROES ALWAYS GET REMEMBERED BUT YOU KNOW LEGENDS NEVER DIE

His brow quirks as the mare speaks of supremist unicorns. "Sounds rather like the modern-day Aurora Basin," he rumbles, vividly remembering the conversation Aithniel had had with the Basin's queen. Azulee confirms this by adding that the unicorns retreated to the north as a result of the invasion, and the pieces click suddenly into place - ah, that explains why the Basin holds the beliefs it does. Who would have thought that the Basin's racism stems from a time when they were driven from the Throat? Little wonder they tried to rip the wings from a young pegasus.

His jaws crease into a smile at her eagerness to begin the fight now. It is tempting, but he knows it would be unfair. He is rested, well-fed and accustomed to the Throat's sands now; she could well have travelled far on weary legs and wings, perhaps not eaten for a while, and it has been years since she last set foot on these shifting sands. He would prefer to fight her when it is more evenly-matched, as he prefers a challenge. "As much as I would love to cross swords with you now, I think it would be better for you to settle in first, get reacquainted with the land. Once you are settled and rested, then we may fight." It is a rare glimpse of the chivalry inside the goliath's black heart.

The mare asks about assignments, and the blackened Gladiator simply inclines his head as he ponders for a moment. "For now, your only assignment is to familiarise yourself with the Dragon's Throat. Much could have changed since the last time you were here, and it is important that you are accustomed to the ground you could be fighting on and the various nooks and crannies of our home that we could use against invading forces. Then, begin sparring as regularly as you can to ensure your body is in peak condition." He thinks for a second and then continues. "Attend all meetings called by myself and any other rank leaders, and get to know the rest of your herdmates. Aside from that....enjoy." He offers a broad smile.

image credits

@Azulee

[ you can't stray from what you are, you're the closest thing to hell i've seen so far  ]
[ use of force/magic on him is permitted aside from death/maiming ]

Messages In This Thread
i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 01-30-2017, 02:13 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-01-2017, 02:20 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-04-2017, 04:45 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-05-2017, 06:04 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-05-2017, 12:50 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-06-2017, 01:08 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 02-09-2017, 01:06 PM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Volterra - 02-11-2017, 10:07 AM
RE: i ain't afraid of no ghosts - by Azulee - 03-16-2017, 01:58 AM