the Rift

[OPEN] where you are

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind

colours have no time to fade

When Tiamat lowered her head to greet Lyra, the pup danced forward to sniff at and then promptly lick the mare’s blue muzzle - anointing her with favour. But it was Nimue that was the real source of fascination. Lyra could barely keep herself still when the whale came forward - violet eyes bright with excitement that caused her entire body to wiggle. A squeal that matched that of the orca’s came peeling out of the young kitsune once their noses bumped, but Lyra did not retreat. She jumped and danced in a circle, delighted when Nimue returned.

If only they could have just watched the two companions forever - if only Mesec’s unfortunate habit of turning a conversation into a downward spiral did not come up once more.

This time, Mesec’s instincts overrode his hesitation and he took a small step forward, reaching out with the intention to lightly nudge Tiamat when she lowered her head - careful to avoid any wounds. He doesn’t know what words he could say to comfort her, but perhaps a touch would be a start. He disliked to see her in pain and he suspected it was not only the physical marks left on her that were causing her grief. The betrayal of Kisamoa, of Kaos, had shocked him - and he wished he had been as wise as Vesper to see through the ruse, to realize that something had been off. Perhaps he might have been able to prevent something from happening.

In a flash, it seemed, her attention swerved away from herself and she was focusing on him. The attention was a little… odd, Mesec wasn’t sure when the last time someone had checked him over to see if he was alright would have been. So he was quick to answer her questions, allowing her the distraction of talking about someone else. How often had he used that very same tactic? He recognized it well.

“I’m fine. I wasn’t involved in the fighting much.” Mesec was ashamed of this fact and it showed in his voice - a faint scowl darkening his expression. “I was, but Vesper was there…” Though originally he had left her, had bounded into the fray as a warg, he hadn’t really contributed much to the fighting. He hadn’t been able to just ignore her presence, so he had turned away and taken her out of there. No matter what option he had taken, he surely would still feel the sickening guilt that twisted in his gut. Either he would have risked Vesper’s safety and helped his fellow Helovians try to take down the monster, possibly limiting the damage taken by Tiamat and others, or he would put his daughter before everyone else that he knew and made she she was absolutely safe.

Even though he wasn’t sure if it would help, he found himself speaking again - finding plenty of hope within his heart and wishing to share it with his friend. “We’ll defeat him, Tiamat - just you wait. I have no doubt about that.”
MESEC
the nightwind
coding by Kyra

@Tiamat
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
where you are - by Mesec - 01-25-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: where you are - by Tiamat - 01-29-2017, 01:42 AM
RE: where you are - by Mesec - 01-30-2017, 03:50 PM
RE: where you are - by Tiamat - 02-01-2017, 02:03 AM
RE: where you are - by Mesec - 02-13-2017, 08:26 PM